Going on a denim binge...recommendations?

startmeup

I recently acquired some money and have enough to go to three out of these four stores to get some raw denim to spice up my predominately prewashed selection. Which out of these four should I get?

1. APC-New Standard

2. 45rpm-Jomon

3.Number (N)ine-Black Jean

4.Samurai-Whatever is at Blue and Green

Thanks [:-)]

yeah...im the kind of guy that loves slim jeans more than anything. love that sid vicious look. so number three was my top choice, but the jomons are a bit baggier, so i was hesitant, but now that i know they're good, they can be my weekend pants. and the apcs will be good too. so far im hearing 123. anyone else?

true, but i find myself in quite a pickle. i am currently vacationing in europe, but will return to nyc on july 3rd, and i posted this to make the decision on whether i should call to reserve the samurais which were running low when i called. haveing no experience with that particular fit, i felt it necessary to enquire upon the quality of the denim, comfort, etc. if i were in the states i would try them on, no doubt, but as i am in barcelona right now, that is not possible

Quote: OK, but still. Settle on one pair and give them the respect they deserve rather than going mental for the sake of a photograph or a post and picking up three that you'll struggle to rotate properly.

Totally true. Sounds like you live in NY area? Then I recommend you do some research first. Visit dem stores. Have fun trying different pairs on and find out what you like. There's no rush to spend hundreds of dollars on denim you don't even know if they'll fit you.

Guest Fade to Black

hmm I got to see Number (N)ine's raw denim in person last week, and I was quite disappointed. They're not terribly expensive, I'd say around the same price range as Dior's raw jeans but the Dior jean is vastly superior in my opinion (speaking of the Made in Japan model). Not much in the way of detailing that separates itself as a quality jean, unless you like the heart patch and the faux-Levi's "pain" red tag. If you have cash to burn I'd say get the APC, 45 RPM and the Samurai for a baggier alternative on days when you want something less constricting.

hey, wait a week or two, man. BIG will be getting the Pure Blues in SOOON! You might like them more than the 45 RPMs. If you do, you'll probably be able to buy another pair of something else, maybe the sorahikos (if you don't have them already).

buuut, if you can't wait:

1) APC New Standards - for obvious reasons, great all-purpose jean.

2) 45 RPM Jomon - Just to have them.

3) Warehouse Duckdigger - Check them out at BIG, you might be suprised at how nice they fit and how nice the embroidery is. My favorite duckdigger is the 1900, but many people like the 1930. The duckdigger is a nice alternative to euro-fits and 501 repros. Why not have more variety?

4) Samurai is nice, but also check out the ONIs. The denim is SUPERB.

Hmmmm.... I haven't seen a single pair of those jeans, but I would suggest not falling into the too much dry denim category. I made this mistake and others on this board have made the mistake too. I would buy one or maybe two pairs and just wear the hell out of them. If you get too many you will wind up lookin at 3 pairs of semi-worn jeans, and 6-12 months down the line you will want to buy the next hot item.

Hmmmm.... I haven't seen a single pair of those jeans, but I would suggest not falling into the too much dry denim category. I made this mistake and others on this board have made the mistake too. I would buy one or maybe two pairs and just wear the hell out of them. If you get too many you will wind up lookin at 3 pairs of semi-worn jeans, and 6-12 months down the line you will want to buy the next hot item.

It's not like having more than one pair of raw jeans means that you have to wear them all equally much. I personally have several pairs now and am buying a couple more, but I wear one pair 5-7 days a week for 6 months at a time.

I kind of agree with what everyone has said, even though there are conflicting views.

The trouble with buying loads of raw denim (something which I have succumbed to recently) is that human nature means you get bored with what you own and want America's Next Top Model, oops I mean the Next Hottest Denim Brand, before you even get a chance to wear the ones you had 'stored' away in the 'library' to be started on at a later date.

By the way HorriblyJolly, very cool blog site, I just checked it out

It's not like having more than one pair of raw jeans means that you have to wear them all equally much. I personally have several pairs now and am buying a couple more, but I wear one pair 5-7 days a week for 6 months at a time.

True, but i would feel ridiculously guilty and waistful if I chose to spend a grand on 3 pairs of jeans and wore a single pair for the majority of the time and the others barely. I sit back and look at all the raw denims that have fallen by the wayside in the past few months and weep. (not really... but i should) All that premium denimness going to waste. I guess my advice is ease into it and don't buy jeans just cuz you got the money. Also, big ups on that blog site. I dig.

Also, startmeup, if you are going to buy one pair, get the Samuraii's cuz those are the pair I have been thirsting for, but won't pull the trigger on.