Trade Show question

Rockn

Hey guys,

I know this question has been asked before, but the answers seemed pretty vague.

For those who have experience in going to trade shows (preferebaly Pool and Project), can you recommend or talk about your experiences in terms of effective booth design and pre-show marketing.

My friend is exhibiting at his first show and he is having a hard time figuring out how to set-up his booth.

Thanks

I like to just be able to hit the racks wuick, pull what I like to en empty rack or table, mark it in a line sheet, write an order, and go. In and out in under 5 min. I hate sitting through presentations. I would tell him to have the back of his booth with items displayed for quick viewing. Have a rack on one side with every sample on it, an empty table or rack, and a TON of linesheets and business cards.

--- and also when u write orders

make sure u ask the buyers what's their store like, who do they sell to --- get a name card etc... a credit reference ...

I,m saying that because when it comes time to ship these orders u will find out that a lot of the cool buyers with hip stores are full of shit. Their stores don't really exist or by the time u ship them they are allready closed... It's really hard to judge at the show ' cause it's so hectic and u will be busy --- but I still think that u have to get as much info on them as possible so u can check them out later --- send them credit applications, invistigate what other stores are located around them --- and only after your are sure that they gonna represent your brand properly + u gonna get paid --- u can confirm the order.

It's not so much an appointment show. I made a couple last Feb. but it was more so I didn't forget to look at the brand. You should do fine. We sold your shirts great because of the quality.

From a buyers point of view, some important things to remember are:

1- make your product easy to view and feel. you don't have to go nutso with fancy booth decorations etc, as experienced buyers see right past that stuff. simple racks do just fine.

2-appointments are great, but only if you at least come close to sticking to them. its easy to get chatting and run long i know, but buyers have their days scheduled out too, so try not to screw that up for them.

3- plenty of biz cards, line sheets and order sheets is definitely a must

4- be yourself, be professional and be nice. save the attitude- schmoozy and snotty will only work on a small minority of buyers. most are nice people who just want to get their business done.