electro music

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

Some of the stuff that you might like (more harder electro but really banging!!)

Mix number two - Bangers 'N' Mash (Dirty electro/tech house/filthy stuff)

Basically an hour of stuff that your parents would disaprove of.

Tracklisting:

Princess Superstar - Licky (Herve remix)

Spektrum - Kinda New (Dirty South Remix)

Holy Hail - Born of a Star (Shir Kahn Remix)

Daft Punk - Around The World (Killdahype Remix)

The Whip - Trash (Bloody Beetroots Remix)

Headland - Dogging Sisters (Blamma! Blamma! Remix)

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Patrick Alavi Remix)

The Whip - Muzzle Nr.1 (Bloody Beetroots Remix)

The Lazy Fingers - Froisse 3

Magik Johnson - Scanning For Viruses (Claude Von Stroke's Coffee on Your Motherboard Mix)

Annie - Happy Without You (SebasiAn Remix)

Scissor Sisters - Shes My Man (Goose Remix)

Lillica Libertine - Limited Edition

Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up (Kissy Sell Out Remix)

I-Robots - Frau (Boys Noize Remix)

The Black Ghosts - Face (Switch Remix)

Danny Freakazoid - Tekken

Check it out at:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/bangers-n-mash-mix-mp3.html

As always please pm me with any comments, or if you want my other mixes..

Scott.

this thread is jokes. 90% of the recommendations arent even electro...

Yeah i didnt want to be the one to say it but electro is not the same as saying any electronic music- its a distinct style. So, a lot of the recommendations were solid - good places to start - but def not all were electro. If you want to get into an style of electronic www.boomkat.com is a good place to start. Its an online record store with ok recommendations but the best part is that you can listen to all the tracks to decide what you like. That reference to check out the Kompakt label was right on, they do a lot of different compilations that are very well respected and can help you develop an ear for electronic music. If youre looking to get into more classic stuff, I cant believe Isolee's "We Are Monster" wasnt mentioned (or not that I saw...). Prob one of my fav electronic albums of all time. Also, Ive been trying to get Gui Boratto's "Chromophobia", I dled a few tracks and its def a great album. That said almost all electronic music should be consumed in single format - this is a style that does not generally lend itself well to albums. Warp is also a CLASSIC label (Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, etc) although they seem to becoming more indie rock lately. Its known for releasing more headphone friendly stuff then dancefloor oriented tracks.

Cut Copy - 'Bright Like Neon Love'.

fuck yeah (although they fit into the 'electronica' genre, not electro)

speaking of cut copy, what i would give to have their chanel rip-off tee that they produced a few years ago - so good

• 2 weeks later...

dan deacon

and has anyone heard of a eurepean group who make dance music and then just like yell about clothing brand names in their songs? my friend told me about them, but couldnt remember the name and it sounds kinda cool/weird. i think one of their songs is about marc jacobs

None of these are elctro at all...

This is more like it

Justice - waters of nazareth (erol alkan remix)

Wolfmother - woman (mstrtkrft remix)

Daft Punk - Aerodynamic

Benny Benassi - I love my sex

Klaxons – Gravity’s Rainbow (Van She Remix)

Presets - i go hard i go home

The Gossip – Standing In the Way of Control (Soulwax Nite Version)

Midnight judggernauts - Shadows (ajax mix)

Guest jmatsu
i really wish someone would delete this thread and put it out of its misery.

exactly. we've already got the "we are your friends thread." while not an expert, i am sick of people listing random electro titles from 3 years ago.

that, the arguing over what is electro and what isn't electro is really, really tiring.

particularly when most of the people arguing about what electro is or isn't are completely unaware of music ever existing before 2003.

Guest jmatsu
that, the arguing over what is electro and what isn't electro is really, really tiring.

particularly when most of the people arguing about what electro is or isn't are completely unaware of music ever existing before 2003.

understandable is the irritation that plagues you soul, but did you really think that a thread like this in superfuture would have eclipsed your expectations?

understandable is the irritation that plagues you soul, but did you really think that a thread like this in superfuture would have eclipsed your expectations?

all a man really has in this world is his dreams, and his ability to make little plastic boxes filled with wires go "boom-chick clap-chick boom-chicka clap-chick" and

"dun-dun-dun... dun-dun-dun.." and then put them together so its all "boom-chick...dun-dun-dunclap-chicka" again and again and again for 15 minutes straight.

at least, thats how i feel.

• 1 month later...
just pop a pill and anything will be good

fuck off

a.k.a. every fan of justice

• 1 month later...