When you're not wearing your jeans

Konfucius

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I hang mine with clip hangers at the waist so they stay pretty much in the same shape as when they're on my body. The "denim" section of my closet has this crazy "funk" to it with all these unwashed jeans hanging next to eachother.

Mmm...

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Jun 13, 2006 09:32 AM

cosign.

i try to hang it,on the back of one of gthe belt loops,cause check this out. some of my dry denims so stiff,whne they fold creases start to happen on the side. you guys should check your dry rigid denims see if you guys get the faded stripes on the side.

Not wearing my jeans? What does that mean?

if they're a " project jean " only way to do it to not get weird creases is to use waist clip hangers and clip them up by the waist band ..

Otherwise if they not raw fold um once and throw um somewhere

i would also warn against folding them. I had pairs that I thought *lightly* folding them would not ruin the creases or start new ones...it did. At most I am rotating between 3 at a time, (usually alternating 2) so I just sling them over the back of my chair and arm rests.

How does folding your project jeans start new creases...unless you guys are doing something different than me. When I fold them I fold them in half across the waist then I fold the legs in half and I usually just put them on a chair. The only thing I can think of if you guys are cramming the folded jeans into draws for extending periods of time or something.

I fold them in half along the ass seam, then fold in quarters, then toss in a cubby in the armoire. My orginization is dry in one cubby and non dry in the others. It keeps me from washing them by acident on the bimonthly wash everything day.

Masochism at it's finest.

I don't think packing your jeans will make a huge difference in terms of losing honeycombs and whiskering. Those creases should still be there, even if in a less pronounced form, and it shouldn't be hard to get them back to what they were at before packing.

If you're really worried about it, starch heavily before you pack them.