Visvim F/W 11.12

I reckon it's the hand dyed process that's mentioned for the indigo virgils... ain't there a reason footwear hasn't been dyed like this... tradtionally that is

My cobbler says that its a nice idea but boots are usually designed to withstand outdoor elements so natural dye will usually wear against rain and sunlight. Makes sense but i still love the concept.

Have been wearing my new monk rope.. hoping that the whiskers will develop. The shirt does include a small patch of denim for users to stitch it on.

31c673d3.jpg

599a0d90.jpg

5cab7528.png

Couple of quick questions :- Is the monk robe Hiroki's wearing in the Pernet video the one Flex has and if so are they both denim?

The new seasons one's he's talking about- if i can follow his words properly -sound like they're linen with indigo. It also appears there's two types - block colours - indigo or brown or the same but with different coloured collar? If anyones seen seasons scans i'd love to know ( and prices too please!)

Lastly is it actually called 'monk robe' at FIL?

It is called the Lhamo shirt. Mine is 100% cotton selvedge denim. Never seen a brown one at FIL so I guess it's either prototype or non visvim.

Thanks chaps.

And I think the brown one is SS12 as somebody mentioned , as I saw it on Unions blog from the SS12 show. Looks like there's a couple of versions for next season incl. linen/indigo.

Any chance you could post up that fit pic Flex - am v keen to see it on!

Also what size are you / did you get? Am unsure on new 1- 4 business and am away without a tape measure to work it out!!

I was able to check out the trunk show while in LA and i think the brown Lhamo shirt is apart of SS12. could be wrong, but they had a large selection of them SS12. Prices are not that bad (they are still bad though) btw, only pieces that stood out were the Flynt mids that have a similar print to those FBTs on the other page. The Flynts are $450, FBTs are $700+, they have a cap toe virgil coming out as well that is a FIL exclusive that looks really nice 1200+, and many were gravitating towards the perforated patricians. very interesting shoe, and perfect for spring/summer. The Lhamo shirt comes in a different fabric that is not denim, natural dye, it felt crazy (in a good way) but totally forgot what it was made of. it felt, VERY EXPENSIVE. The range of shirting in the mainline is really dope. Natural dyed garments are ridiculously expensive. you thought the 450+ pocket tee was bad. lol they have crews, hoodies, and a tee that is completely hand made. didnt even want to know the price.

oh and those japanese wooden sandals are available for SS12 as well. ;)

hopefully my lhamo shirt for fall 11 is still on its way.