just a heads up for all of the 45rpm fans out there who are looking for a true raw jean...

Quote:

i think mint is the new douchebag term for fresh, as in "my nudies are hella mint with the gun imprint on the back pocket, right next to the shit stain from when someone whos really tough stepped to me, brah"

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 12, 2006 07:43 AM

Yah...right next to that shit stain.

Quote:

38" inseam...is everybody making jeans for fucking sasquatches now?

--- Original message by Anguished Irony on Jun 12, 2006 07:42 AM

I hope so. Its annoying when companies make only 32 or 33 inch inseams. Short people can hem their jeans, tall people can't add fabric :P

I think 45rpm chainstitches when you purchase them though

the one washes are exactly 2 inches smaller ine the waist than the raw, so I'd think its safe to assume that raw measurements are prewash.

Anyone know if these are any different than the normal Sorahikos? Just wondering why they are listed as Online Exclusives.

The bandanas. You need one. Two. The feel is beautiful, kind of rough, but a roughness you want around your neck. But the smell is what sold me. I'm telling you, that store seduces with the smell of fabric and dye. There's a selvedge edge visible on some of the women's skirts. Damn. This store. This store.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Melvins

Quote:

The bandanas. You need one. Two. The feel is beautiful, kind of rough, but a roughness you want around your neck. But the smell is what sold me. I'm telling you, that store seduces with the smell of fabric and dye. There's a selvedge edge visible on some of the women's skirts. Damn. This store. This store.

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on Jun 13, 2006 06:51 AM

I don't think the smell you keep talking about is fabric and dye - it's Japanese incense. In fact, you can buy it in store and that way you can make your apartment smell "seductive" too...

I thought 45 rpm didn't do it raw. Why are they changing their stance now? Is G-Star giving them a run for thier money? Aside from the novelty of sheen, raw is a pain in the ass in terms of bleeding (yes I know how bad that sounds) and sizing.

I'm not too impressed with their current online offerings. Their nyc stores are 10x more intoxicating (a heady mixture of fabric, indigo, incense, and japan).

Quote:

why do I have a feeling G-Star had nothing to do with it?

--- Original message by Chicken on Jun 13, 2006 09:24 PM

Of course G-Star has nothing to do with it. Its just that rpm told me they didn't sell raw jeans for a variety of reasons. I'm just wondering what changed. I'll ask next time I'm in the store, as I'll need a pair of jeans hemmed in about a week.

from the 45rpm page:

"5-07-6508

Sorahiko 45 Slim - Raw $333.00 Online Exclusive

Raw denim is made for the die-hard denim fan.

These are our Sorahiko Slim denim before the fabric is pre-shrunk. This denim is completely unwashed and comes very stiff due to starching.

Shrinkage varies depending on the manufactured lot of denim, even when using the same thread and looms for weaving.

Approximate shrinkage, with a cold water machine wash and line drying, is 2 inches for the waist and 3 inches for the inseam, even more if washed in warm water or tumble-dried (not recommended).

For those people who choose not to wash their denim, please size down accordingly when placing your order.

Please refer to our denim & indigo care instructions page. 100% cotton."

they have been lurking here too. at least id like to think so.

shit...