please nike...!!...just leave the Dunk alone!!

MyMindSpray

just passed through the Alternate Sneakers site...don't know how you other shoe junkies feel, but nike really, really has to stop with the dunk...they have absolutely ruined the shoe...and nothing, nothing can be done to save it...not only have they killed the most recent dunk craze, but i think they've ruined any possibility of this shoe EVER being resurrected again...

i know i'm a bit late on this as the Dunk was already murdered some time ago...but looking at some of the upcoming general releases....god....simply horrible...and don't even get me started on the whole SB craze...

it's just really too bad...the Dunk use to be an ill shoe...now it's just begging to be put to sleep...

just my thoughts...

i use to agree with you man...but what nike has been doing to it lately has been horrible...i guess to revise my previous statement, it'll take something special, somewhere down the line to give this shoe respectable life again...

i don't think the SB phase is as big a problem as the current influx of horrible general releases...swing by the Alternate Sneaker site and take a look....

I keep up with the sneaker sites. I just really don't think Nike has made that many absolutely horrid dunks, just a few... the Hufs & the mesh pack come to mind. I think the problem is nike not limiting how many different dunks they do a year. there were tons of dunks made that i wouldn't ever wear, but the majority of them were inoffensive, i just wasn't feeling them personally.

The only one i'm even remotely excited about for 2005 are those one color royal blues with the yellow swoosh.

It's weird how I've just switched from collecting Jordans to Dunks. I'm still new so it's like I'm being sucked in with almost all the dunk releases that came out. Like the dunkles, supreme hi's, heinekens, alohas.

I've seen their upcoming releases, like what MyMindSpray said, it's horrible. But you really never know, Nike dont just release stuff on schedule according to their catalog. Like I dont remember the Dunkles, Supremes, etc being printed in a catalog. I might be wrong.

Fact is, those shoes are all bout the hype and people are still willing to pay ridiculous $$ on them.

Question is... when will it die? Anything that goes up could only go down.

regardless of how many people wear dunks.. i still love the shoe. way even before nike SB ever existed (note:i dont own anything nike sb). i just wish nike produced the UNKLE dunks in more numbers so <u>PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY LISTEN TO UNKLE</u> could have gotten a pair.

the shoe is classic.

edit... if anyone can find me a size 8.5.... get at me

Edited by edwin on Jan 28, 2005 at 02:23 AM

Yea same here. I like Dunks ever since it came out at footlocker where they initially went for CDN$99 down to 69 and down to 39 and finally 29. Damn I coulda got those cheap orange ones and make them my poor man's Supremes lol.

Right now I have about 20 pairs of dunks and the only one I'm missing out is the Hulks and Supreme lows.

All I can say is this... I live in Boston, and I swear to god I've seen corny college frat-types rocking exclusive dunks.

It's OVER. I'm not buying another pair of Nikes. The whole sneaker scene is getting corny. What's the point of getting some limited Nikes when you just walk into a party and EVERYONE has limited Nikes?

I'm looking for the next jumpoff...

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting. - Lil Weezy

I heard that NIKE will ID the DUNK in march....it'll make the dunk crazy even crazier...or it will kill it like the Prestos...

I love Dunks...was collecting them before the SB's came out...but to me the SB's are the most comfortablest! zoom air and a fat tounge! can't go wrong wit that

I SPY WITH MY EYE

Who cares if everyone rocks them? I buy dunks cos I like em, not cos everyone has them. It's true that everyone and their grandmother own a pair of exclusive dunks but I dont think that'll stop me from buying dunks, period.

Perhaps if you could name me some kicks that could surpass the dunks, that'll help. I'm tryin to find somethin to replace em.

And yea, the news is that NIKE will ID them but they dont ship to Canada. Sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

^

The irony of it is that japan-only releases are typically pretty fair priced and quite easy to purchase... until Tokyo stores get wind that people in north america are fiendin' for them. Then the prices go bump real fast. Dunk SBs? Forget about it... they are sold at insta-rape prices in Japan.

As for Nike making the dunk available to ID customers - I have heard this from many people too. I don't know if the rumour has any validity to it, but I'm not going to believe it until I see it. I mean, that would be the dumbest marketing decision ever... it would seal the fate of the dunk. As it stands, there are equal amounts of art and trash coming out of Nike design labs...

u n i v e r s a l m a t e r i a l i s t