Early To Rise

is this what you do full time now or do you just have plenty of time during your regular job?

no it's not my full time job... although I'd like it to be. I'd have way more stuff on my site if I was full time. It does take up most of my free time though.

Here is my shortie:

earlytorise.jpg

Can I make a suggestion/request? This might cost you a smidget more in cost but how about folding the whole thing back so that the end of the back fold meets the selvage fold? On your longer ones, this small fold looks ok but with the Shortie, it's kind of awkward to have it half folded.

thanks Shinobi

so both ends meet but it's still the same length on the front right? Looks like the denim is aging really nice on that one!

got to say- loving my wallet and shorties ordered back in feb.keep up the good work!

wish i'd known you were doing an apron- i bought my mrs one from stronghold as we were in LA for a minute. cost me a bomb!

thanks Nicka, glad everything is still going strong...

Those aprons are a new item as I'm giving a try at bigger item in Denim. Jeans and jackets are my next quest... I'm getting all the machinery I need first and I'll have to make a few pairs before I'm ready...

• 2 weeks later...

just out of curiosity, is the criss-crossing of the threads across the surface of the denim there to keep it structurally together or is it a design aspect?

It's more of a structural thing, like they did with collars on vintage denim and leather jackets, but it's also kind of a cool design also...

It would probably be fine with just the two lines, but I figured this would get a bit of wear and tear and the zig-zag lines definitely help to strengthen the denim.

hooligan, i just noticed that pig skin and horse hide wallet you put on sale. can you explain that white stitching down the middle of the fold on the inside? Does that mean the pockets are sewed shut in the middle (ie: I will not be able to place entire bills lengthwise)

Shinobi... Not positive on your question but the white stitching down the middle is to break the leather on the inside into four card slots. Bills would go lengthwise behind those in the bill pocket (behind the pig skin) does that make sense? I can send you a photo of what it would look like with cards and money if you'd like....

actually i see how it works now. Interesting, you call it a prototype. Am I correct to guess that your horse/cow/duck design is what you settled on now? What didn't you like about the prototype? I think that design is quite nice. Here's what I like about it -- I like that the stitching goes around the entire perimeter instead of just half. (and that it's contrast stitching) I like that your logo is etched-in instead of being on a label, so I say go ahead and put it on the front instead of on the inside. The one thing I do like about the newer horse/cow/duck version is that the divider stitching (what I was confused about above) is one line down the middle instead of that triple line you have in the pigskin prototype. Other than that I prefer the pigskin one.

Gave my apron it's first wash as it was pretty dirty... machine washed, line dried. A little wrinkly but that denim is already showing some early fading...

I'll measure tonight to see how much it shrank.

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

are you still making suspenders?

Not at the moment, I'm looking for a good supplier of the hardware. I have picked up some vintage hardware, but they would only be enough for a few pairs....

Made myself a prototype wallet I liked how it turned out so much I'm going to refine it just a tad but have it available on the website. I call it the "Palomino"

Horsehide with veg cow inside with the selvedge denim insert... I even have a custom copper plated laynard d-ring on it... What do you guys think?

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

and if you neg, please let me know what you don't like about.

Edited by Happy Hooligan

i like it! ever consider making a trifold?

i like it! ever consider making a trifold?

thanks

I'll try to figure out a tri-fold. I also want to make a biker wallet too...

so both ends meet but it's still the same length on the front right? Looks like the denim is aging really nice on that one!

Was this ever decided upon? I'd be interested in a shortie but I'd want both sides of the material to be even, for sure. Even if it ended up being shorter than it already is.

Was this ever decided upon? I'd be interested in a shortie but I'd want both sides of the material to be even, for sure. Even if it ended up being shorter than it already is.

I can make a super shortie, with both ends meeting, but only one side would be selvedge. I'm not sure I can get two rivets on it once it's that small. I could make the shortie the same size only longer but once it's folded it would be the same length as it it now and then I could get both rivets in it...

If anyone want's one that like, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll make up a few....