Low rise slim fit straight leg jeans on a budget - recommendations please

taromakino

Looking for something that is low rise, slim fit, and straight leg and for less than say 40 dollars. Ive looked into 501 stfs, wrangler 13mwz, wrangler 936. The 501 stfs and 13mwz did not fit me well because the seat was too baggy and the legs were too wide. I did soak them to shrink and they still didn't fit me well. I like the fit of the 936 but I want something that is a lower rise. What I am looking for is the type of old levi's that rockers used to wear.. something that you would see morrison wearing.

one thing - no women's/girls jeans please

Im going to kohls tommorow to check out the levi's 514 and see how they fit (I believe they are stretch jeans, I've never worn stretch jeans before so im not sure if i will like them)

thanks in advance for your recommendations

H&M's "& Sliq". I really like my pair, after removing backpocket stiching and leather patch etc. The cut and fit is great for me. I don't think morrison would wear them but anyways. :-P

I bought my regular size (W30) and endured massive amounts of pain for two days (impossible to button them up all the way when I tried them on in the store) and now they're fine. Stretched ATLEAST 2 inches. Still nice and slim in the legs. They're light/soft and really dark.

I bought them for 380 SEK I think. That's $52. Could be cheaper over there.

Happy hunting!

Quote:

H&M's "& Sliq". I really like my pair, after removing backpocket stiching and leather patch etc. The cut and fit is great for me. I don't think morrison would wear them but anyways. :-P

I bought my regular size (W30) and endured massive amounts of pain for two days (impossible to button them up all the way when I tried them on in the store) and now they're fine. Stretched ATLEAST 2 inches. Still nice and slim in the legs. They're light/soft and really dark.

I bought them for 380 SEK I think. That's $52. Could be cheaper over there.

Happy hunting!

--- Original message by beefcake on Jun 9, 2006 02:34 AM

i second the h & m sliq. i have a pair ive been wearing since november and i love them. very dark and streaky with a slight stretch, low rise and slim. similar to a new standard with a lower waist. best $40 ive spent on denim that wasnt vintage.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

Quote:

acekiefer what color 514 are you wearing in the WDYWT post? Are they black or "oil slick" and are they stretch? 512's look ok but they only seem to come in one horrid stonewash color.

--- Original message by taromakino on Jun 10, 2006 01:31 PM

well im not sure of the actual color of my 514s but i do know that they are stretch.

and yea i agree about the 512s, sucks they only come in that one color.

heres some pictures...i sized up so they fit a little looser, but you can get them to fit tight.

514.jpg

ace5-9.jpg

ace4-30.jpg