*^* Aika Denim Japan -Gi- For Sale *^*

I have for sale the remaining stock of Aika 'Gi' jeans.

I bought all the remaining stock when the company closed down, planning to open a denim store.

That never eventuated and I now have a full time job, so grab a bargain.

I have a LOT of jeans and need to shift them.

This isn't a business, and I'm barely covering my losses.

The 'Gi' was the second highest quality jean that Aika produced.

13.5oz selvedge denim, woven using Zimbabwe cotton.

Sanforized.

Available in Indigo or Black.

The cut is slim but not skinny, with a low/mid rise.

All round excellent cut and the best seller in the Aika store.

Original RRP AU$345.00

I am selling these for US$69.00 + postage + 4% paypal fees.

Postage costs:

USA & Canada - US$35.00

Europe - US$40.00

Asia - US$30.00

Australia - US$15.00

Sizes:

28 - available

29 - available

30 - available

31 - available

32 - available

33 - available

34 - available

36 - available

38 - SOLD OUT

Size guide:

slide1zf.th.jpg

Pictures:

giindigo1.th.jpg

giindigo2.th.jpg

giindigo3.th.jpg

giindigo4.th.jpg

giindigo5.th.jpg

giindigo6.th.jpg

giindigo7.th.jpg

giblack1.th.jpg

giblack2.th.jpg

A bit of info on sizing.

My experience with these jeans is that buying your exact waist size will be fine as there is no further shrinkage.

If you want to size down, i would only advise 1 inch down as the waist band is twin stitched to stop excessive easing of the fabric.

Orders and/or questions, please send me a PM.

Please note that I am crazy busy at work and will only be mailing orders out once a week.

Long Live Aika !

^ Thanks for the answer david,

Is this the same black jeans to the ones you are selling ?

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20080719000709/www.aikajeans.com/denim_06.htm

Although i dont live in Australia anymore, i might need to get my cousin to buy one more pair for me :D, So for the black GI, Should i get the same size as the aika jins or up 1, ( noticed the front rise is a touch longer and the back rise is shorter on the gi). Sorry for going through this all over again David, i have been bothering you quite much in the past !!

Hi arcanum,

The jean you have linked to is not the Gi, it is an old style called the '32 black' and was a non selvedge overdyed jean. Nice cut but very very low rise, and obviously the denim was not as high quality as Gi or Jin.

I think it would be a good idea to wait and see what blackmaged thinks about the sizing on his Jin vs Gi as the more opinions the better.

I was all set to head off to the Post Office with orders on Saturday morning....

aikaforshipping.jpg

.... but then I started answering all my PM's, and by the time I got there it was closed.

I will be sending these jeans (blackmaged's Gi & Jin are in the top envelope) along with a few others that came in over the weekend, on Monday.

Sorry for the delay.

David.

Hi David, very nice stock you got there:) too bad I'm looking a more slim Jean according to ur measurement the GI is very similar to my 501 LVC 47....(I'm a 33waist though) still the look and the quality of the GI (zimbabwe cotton) is so hard to resist!

Free bump :)

Btw these won't further shrink right? I'm looking for leg opening around7.5" ...

Here are some fit pics of a size 28.

A good friend of mine who has been wearing these for about 3 months.

He is true to size 27.5 and you can see the jeans have eased out nicely.

Not too much in the waist as they were not very tight to begin with - therefore not forced to stretch.

He hasn't babied these jeans at all. He is a model maker & set designer; does a lot of manual labour, and destroys jeans quickly.

He is loving these Gi's.

gi28fit1.jpg

gi28fit2.jpg

gi28fit3.jpg

gi28fit4.jpg

David.

• 2 weeks later...

black Gi came in yesterday.

I'm kinda busy wearing the Jin's for now, though, but I'll definitely put some time into the Gi's ASAP. Definitely curious to see if that double waist stitch really hinders stretch..

These blow APC's out of the water as far as quality goes IMO; great jeans for just over $100 (if you're in the US)

• 1 month later...

Alright gents, way overdue for this but...

Put on my Gi today. Decided to soak even though it's sanforized. Reeeallly tight fit in the waist for sizing down one, but everywhere else is a pretty ace slim/slim-straight fit.

Might have to send these in for a hem though... i'm 5'6" and this has got a ~34 inseam without the taper for epic stakz

• 2 weeks later...