Where can I find U-Neck's in the USA?

verb

I see this look all over Europe but can't find a single place that sells anything besides V-necks in the US. Even American Apparel, which market a faggy 'deep v-neck' fashionista piece of shit don't seem to carry anything with a U or even a wide O for guys.

Examples:

http://www.americanapparelstore.com/rs303.html

http://www.americanapparelstore.com/4362.html

http://www.americanapparelstore.com/rsat302.html

http://www.americanapparelstore.com/4380.html

Edited by verb on Jun 5, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Quote:

I was at H&M in SF this weekend and they have those in several colors. They fit nicely as well, and are $9 I think.........

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jun 5, 2006 10:43 AM

Excellent, thanks. I've got a friend in the area and will have him look into it.

"market a faggy 'deep v-neck' fashionista piece of shit"

dude chill out. you sound like a complete dipshit when you say things like that. are v-necks faggy now? FUCK so its U-necks this spring?! i cant keep up. i like layering with their deep v-neck and i think it looks chill. am i a "fag" now?

Are there any online stores with the Adam+ scoopneck shirts? I'm not seeing them on the website.

It would be wonderful if I could find super wide/U/oval neck shirts on America.. Lately I've just been having to pay too much for such things from Japan.

Also, Acne makes really nice looking U-neck shirts. I hope to get one sometime in the near future.

Quote:

"market a faggy 'deep v-neck' fashionista piece of shit"

dude chill out. you sound like a complete dipshit when you say things like that. are v-necks faggy now? FUCK so its U-necks this spring?! i cant keep up. i like layering with their deep v-neck and i think it looks chill. am i a "fag" now?

--- Original message by deathmulletonfire on Jun 5, 2006 11:34 AM

It was sarcasm based on the backlash paid to people wearing them. If you haven't notice, alot of the stupid celebrity blogs, etc, are calling out 'NYC Hipsters' for wearing Deep V-Neck's as if it is some dying trend. I'll keep everything serious from now on! Except for my hatred for that fucking H&M ad that kills my computer if i have more than one SF window open.

Quote:

Are there any online stores with the Adam+ scoopneck shirts? I'm not seeing them on the website.

It would be wonderful if I could find super wide/U/oval neck shirts on America.. Lately I've just been having to pay too much for such things from Japan.

Also, Acne makes really nice looking U-neck shirts. I hope to get one sometime in the near future.

--- Original message by ruach on Jun 5, 2006 12:23 PM

matthew izzo, philadelphia has them-------tried them on there------they have loads more stock than represented on their website (www.matthewizzo.com)--------give them a call, they do mailorder. i am NOT affiliated

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

i read somewhere (some random otherwise, clearly, unmemorable mag) that the AA deep V's are just scoops that are sewn. so you can buy one and take out the stitching at the base of the V and it becomes a scoop/O. i've not looked at them myself, i don't dig the look (deep V or O), but hey, just thought i'd share.

Whoa whoa whoa this seems to be completely true! I have a normal AA V neck and noticed that the bottom of the V is bunched up. I cut out the stitching and...

Before:

vbefore.jpg

After:

vafter.jpg

It would probably be best to iron out the crease at the bottom, but it seems perfect. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Quote: i read somewhere (some random otherwise, clearly, unmemorable mag) that the AA deep V's are just scoops that are sewn. so you can buy one and take out the stitching at the base of the V and it becomes a scoop/O. i've not looked at them myself, i don't dig the look (deep V or O), but hey, just thought i'd share.

--- Original message by seoulfully on Jun 5, 2006 02:56 PM

it was cargo magazine. i tried it as well, but somehow, i think i did it wrong because the shirt ended up looking like shit.

EDIT: i think i did much better the second time around.

U-NECK.JPG

Edited by chris on Jun 5, 2006 at 06:06 PM

Funny, one of my AA v-neck tee came without any stitching at all, and it does look like a perfect U-neck... this made me wonder about the quality control at AA !

Anyway, I believe Cheap Monday also make some decent U-/O-/deep/wide/or whatever you would say neck tees

You can have a look here, but there's not much left though...

http://europe.zoovillage.com/store/brand.asp?BrandID=265&CategoryID=4|0&SortBy=3

http://caliroots.com/system/search/search.asp?manuid=88&_ot=0&_gt=0&csid=10

"Except for my hatred for that fucking H&M ad that kills my computer if i have more than one SF window open."

Are you using Firefox ? I have the same problem, read that recent versions have difficulties managing Flash and causing 100% cpu usage...

Edited by emuRay on Jun 5, 2006 at 06:01 PM

Quote:

there needs to be a sarcasm emoticon-----it just doesn't translate

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 5, 2006 01:25 PM

It can be done. It's pretty rare that I can't spot England being sarcastic, for instance, and I'm sure you can too. It just takes a talent for wordplay. Also, italics are almost always a dead give away.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Quote:
Quote: i read somewhere (some random otherwise, clearly, unmemorable mag) that the AA deep V's are just scoops that are sewn. so you can buy one and take out the stitching at the base of the V and it becomes a scoop/O. i've not looked at them myself, i don't dig the look (deep V or O), but hey, just thought i'd share.

it was cargo magazine. i tried it as well, but somehow, i think i did it wrong because the shirt ended up looking like shit.

U-NECK.JPG

--- Original message by chris on Jun 5, 2006 05:31 PM

I think I might do the same thing and then cut the actual neck off and resew it. Will give it a try over the next few weeks after I'm done traveling and post results.

Quote:

U-NECK.JPG

--- Original message by chris on Jun 5, 2006 05:31 PM

it was in GQ too.

Okay I just tried cutting up a neck of an old Gap stretch shirt. The result is way more extreme than I had hoped for, but at least it worked. At the very least, at least it's something to layer with.

It makes me feel like Johnny Thunders. Perhaps I could pull it off if I were on a stage with heroin flowing through my veins, trying to hold a guitar.

uneck2.jpg

I also soaked and have been working on reforming the neck of my AA V neck. I'll post the results once it dries.

edit:

Here's how the V neck ended up looking:

vafter2.jpg

Edited by ruach on Jun 5, 2006 at 08:51 PM

• 9 months later...

it's getting hot, and i wont be able to wear my cardigans over my tank tops for much longer. i have one U-neck by tsubi, and i've been spoiled by the fit. however, i dont think this particular tee comes in any other colors, and i dont feel like wearing it everyday.

i want to try some of the acne 'limit' shirts, but they look awfully short (i wont do anything under 27 inches. NO PUN INTENDED). and i've cut the seam on a few of my AA v-necks, but they always crease awkwardly in the middle.

any other suggestions? willing to spend whatever (preferably no more than $200, though)... i fucking hate crew necks.

I am pretty sure that michael krell dude would make you some. Probably the exact same measurements as your tsubi too.

Edit: Oh and brian lichtenberg makes them. Its called the greek drape top or something. About $130. www.brianlichtenberg.com

eamongreygrecian.jpg

I dunno man.

If I ever saw a guy wearing one of those I would have to kick them square in the balls.

Looks like an ancient greek woman's dress.

• 2 weeks later...
It took me a while to find this picture, sorry guys. It may be wider than what most of you are looking for...

boat1.jpg

The width is fine, I'm just not a fan of the contrasting white along the edges. Do you offer this as a single color shirt as well? I might end up lopping the sleeves off anyway.