Low key in Tokyo

HuongStar

My favorite place in Tokyo is a one-of-a-kind bar on the fifth floor of an utterly anonymous Meiji-dori building, maybe six or seven buildings south of the Omotesando intersection on the west side of the street. I don't believe it has a name.

It is the most organic, amniotic environment possible - heavy ovoid tumblers full of strong G&Ts, deep minimal-ambient music, dreamy incense, a forest of hanging lamps and pillow'd corners. It's like reclining inside someone's full head of dreadlocks, except not nasty.

To my knowledge, I am the only member of the US military ever to have found my way there.

(BTW, check out the lamps - they really are made of eggshells. Too cool!)

hey adam! its called bar5... AND what a surprise!!! >>--- its on the harajuku map near the corner of takeshita dori and meiji dori... though we dont have a review...

http://superfuture.com/city/area/area.cfm?area=3&city=1

not sure if its still there--? havent been in over a year...

its also on waynes upcoming top10 list of TOKYO EARTHQUAKE DEATHTRAP BARS AND CLUBS...[stay tuned...] ...maybe thats why there are so many pillows...

--------------------------

superslave1

Edited by wayne on Jan 6, 2004 at 08:07 PM