House of Boateng

Has anyone heard about Bespoke Coulture? i just read that the designer, Boateng (greatest name...um ever?) is doing a documentary/reality show on sundance channel about breaking into the american market. i can inly hope it is as entertaining as project runway....anyone else heard anything about it?

Well behaved women rarely make history...

OSWALD Boateng designs for Givenchy and is also well-known for personally outfitting many European celebrities/footballers as he is a tailor. The term "Bespoke Coultureier" is a term he developed to describe his occupation.......

Edited by englandmj7 on May 26, 2006 at 12:01 PM

im just hoping that it is more documentary then gimmicky reality bullshit. i love project runway, but i would love even more airtime for the FASHION. I'm sure with sundance they will give us the goods. i saw some good forecasts for this too,

Calendar Live thinks that HOUSE OF BOATENG will be one of this summer’s best shows – http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-wk-guidetv25may25,0,3755956.story?coll=cl-tv-features

hope so.

Well behaved women rarely make history...

• 1 month later...

I've been TiVoing this show and it's really good so far! The Sundance Channel does a good job establishing who Boateng is and how his works are received in Europe - since not many people in the US know who he is.

So far he's been scouting for locations in NYC and LA and trying to hire more people to help out with the US operations while maintaining his current business in the UK - planning fashion shows, etc. Anyone else been catching it? You can check out clips from some of the episodes on their official website too (http://www.sundancechannel.com/boateng).