SExDBxSxS12 Contest Thread

DFreshLeish

^ Yeah, I'm on the fence right now...there's enough room in the top block that I don't think it would be a problem, and I'm not a big fan of wearing a belt if I don't have to...I like unsanforized denim more overall, but it's definitely more of a hassle at the outset.

Did yours stretch back to (or past) their pre-shrink size?

what do the dudes in jakarta rock?

I believe the dudes in Jakarta rock the gamelan.

in need of a new pair...should i still try to jump on these? does everyone with a pair ABSOLUTELY love it or what

I rotate mine with my IH666sOD, and I love both pairs.

I have no problem sharing time with both pairs.

I've been looking for a pair like these for years, and now that they're made I couldn't be happier. I think they'll have one if the craziest evos ever.

Short update, taken in Disney world over the weekend. Will update with more/better pics when I get back:

7ba60b0c.jpg

Shucks, I was hoping I could be part of it as well, since I got mine yesterday (decided to stick with 30; soaking now). I'm (technically) representing Style Forum, since the numbers are kinda thin on that side.

If it helps, I ordered on, like, the 22nd. FedEx ground from San Fran to Philly isn't exactly fast.

^^ Huzzah!

Gave 'em an hour soak in the machine, set to hot. I'll wear them tomorrow if they've dried completely (fingers crossed) and maybe give them a second soak this weekend.

SExDB12a.jpgSExDB12b.jpg

Put some fairly thick pens in the buttonholes in the hopes of not dislocating my finger buttoning them up.

Yeah, someone else mentioned the idea of sticking some pens or markers in the buttonholes while they dry in the thread on SF.

Day 1 pictures:

day1b.jpgday1a.jpgday1c.jpg

Not crazy about the way they're stacking right now, but hopefully they'll settle down once the denim softens up.

I did a second hour-long machine soak (on hot) yesterday, and I definitely got more shrink out of them. Waist still isn't super-snug, but the lower top block and thighs shrank down some more.

Did anyone else get some chalky/dusty-looking streaks on the denim when they turned them right-side out after soaking them and letting them dry? They disappear quickly and completely with wear. Just curious because I haven't seen this with other STF denim.

2nd day, following a 2nd soak. Ignore the t-shirt advertising local piercing establishment.

03062011a-1.jpg03062011b.jpg03062011c.jpg

Gotta figure out what to do about that weird belt buckle bulge in pic #2...

Just wanted to say mine popped up about 3-4 weeks ago and I am so in love with them. Don't think I could have had better luck with the sizing/fit. If I belt 'em up and wear 'em like an adult they look nice and can be dressed up, and I still have the option of letting them ride a little lower and it changes the whole vibe of the cut, speaking to its versatility.

And the denim is aging beautifully and fading surprisingly quickly with great contrast, which I actually wasn't expecting given the weight of the denim. My first pair of raw denim were APC and I always thought that the only reason the contrast was so sharp with those was that they are only around 12-13 ounces. This is obviously a much more interesting denim but in terms of how fast they're evolving I've been very pleased.

Also, I expected these to feel, honestly, completely miserable in even 80 degree weather, but somehow I don't feel that much of a difference between these and my 14oz N&F weird guy's as far as breathability (word?) goes.

Can't wait to see how these progress. I'll be posting a picture once I get some more camera-visible action going on.

Sorry for gushing like a dork.