whats your ethnicity?

chris

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm white as can be. if we wanna play the ancenstor game you could say i'm irish/scottish.. buuuut, i was born here in canada so i like to think of myself as canadian. icon_smile.gif

edit: what do you know, this IS the wrong forum. nice one. heh. granted, i didn't notice either. so don't feel TOO bad.

Edited by matthewlyle on May 23, 2006 at 12:44 PM

hmmm... im a mutt. scottish/german/jewish/native american... and there may be more in there but im not sure

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Quote:

American.....confused as to what ethnicity you are? here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups

And for all you Americans who are going to say you are Irish......you aren't.

--- Original message by englandmj7 on May 23, 2006 02:59 PM

My great uncle, Ray SLOAN USMC retired, Iwo Jima veteran, never set foot in Ireland but his parents did, I don't believe anyone ever told him he was not Irish and I pity anyone who may have. Ethenicity may be very specific on a website or a textbook but it is far more passionate issue than that. I am not trying to start something with you because you are a formitable force when it comes to your beliefs and I do respect them and technically your are correct in your opinion. By the way, I am American.Edited by damnIam on May 24, 2006 at 06:29 AM

Edited by damnIam on May 24, 2006 at 06:31 AM

Edited by damnIam on May 24, 2006 at 06:32 AM

Quote: My great uncle, Ray SLOAN USMC retired, Iwo Jima veteran, never set foot in Ireland but his parents did, I don't believe anyone ever told him he was not Irish and I pity anyone who may have. Ethenicity may be very specific on a website or a textbook but it is far more passionate issue than that. I am not trying to start something with you because you are a formitable force when it comes to your beliefs and I do respect them and technically your are correct in your opinion. By the way, I am American.

Heh heh, it is nothing serious. I only say that because my wife is a born-and-raised Dubliner and is used to hearing L.A. valley girls say "Oh my god, you are Irish! I am like Irish too!" and it gets effin' annoying. You wouldn't believe the scale of Americans that say that when introduced to her, I am talking at least 85%. It is just funny that most people are basically ashamed or don't understand that you can be American.......

Quote:

remember kids: there is a difference between race/ethnicity and nationality ...

--- Original message by Cue on May 24, 2006 09:35 AM

According to Wikipedia, you can practically make one up.

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Quote: Human. no need for racial labels

That is the fucking dumbest thing I have ever heard. You are saying that people aren't allowed to be proud of their heritage/culture/ethnicity? That makes you a bigot in-and-of-itself........

It is like someone calling you "the blonde girl" and you telling them "you don't like to be labeled." You oversensitive, liberal wanks are so unbelievably oblivious to the simple facts of life that it hurts......

Edited by englandmj7 on May 25, 2006 at 09:14 AM

Quote:

That is the fucking dumbest thing I have ever heard. You are saying that people aren't allowed to be proud of their heritage/culture/ethnicity? That makes you a bigot in-and-of-itself........

It is like someone calling you "the blonde girl" and you telling them "you don't like to be labeled." You oversensitive, liberal wanks are so unbelievably oblivious to the simple facts of life that it hurts......

--- Original message by englandmj7 on May 25, 2006 09:07 AM

wow. this liberal agrees with you england.

shit...

^^ heh heh. I meant 'liberal' only in terms of encompassing unintelligent hippies.......no offense to you intelligent liberals; although if I may note, you are few and far between.

icon_smile_tongue.gif

........thank you for agreeing with me though. Apologies for the derail......

Edited by englandmj7 on May 25, 2006 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:

wow. this liberal agrees with you england.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on May 25, 2006 10:34 AM

In total agreement...nothing wrong with being proud of you race.

i agree with that too england. too many pussies that fold at the first sign of trouble for any real liberal leadership to take hold. its a shame too, it leaves the united states too unbalanced. too much power in the hands of one group is always a recipie for disaster.

shit...

^here, here.

The problem with the liberal establishment in the US is that it has the uncanny ability to alienate the maximum amount of people, even while trying to help them. Also, most of the so called "liberals" are sorry excuses for the real thing, and are cut from the exact same cloth as other bullshitting politicians.

Quote:

I in no way meant that. I have no need for racial labels would have been a better statement. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

Edited to add:

I have no problem wit hpride in your heritage or people who identify themselves with a certian race. I am such a mutt, and have so many adoptions in my family, that I cannot actually pin down my heritage or race. For those of you who have a rich family history and identify with a single race, go you.

Masochism at it's finest.

Edited by keri on May 25, 2006 at 04:48 PM

Quote: I in no way meant that. I have no need for racial labels would have been a better statement. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

Edited to add:

I have no problem wit hpride in your heritage or people who identify themselves with a certian race. I am such a mutt, and have so many adoptions in my family, that I cannot actually pin down my heritage or race. For those of you who have a rich family history and identify with a single race, go you.

In that case, I sincerely apologize for being a dick.....