whats your ethnicity?

chris

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

typical Filipino mutt resulting from the Spanish bastardization, born and raised in the US, can't separate the two identities. Just found out using a fork and spoon concurrently was a Filipino thing?? so confused??

i didn't realize until maybe eighth grade

i ate at my friend's house pretty often and was always a little put off by the glaring omission of the spoon come suppertime

it took me weeks to make sense of it all

last time i checked with my not so reliable grandparents, i'm 3/4 ethnic pinoy, 1/8 chinese (i think fujian?), and 1/8 spanish

i'm born here though and more americanized than i'd like to admit

growing up my friends were (are) homogenously irish / italian (catholic thug life)

and later overwhelmingly korean

in college i've sought out my fellow mangoes a bit more though

• 2 weeks later...

Born in San francisco, my dad is pure blooded american and my mom is mexican (most likely some creole mix with spaniards somewhere along the way). Strangely I feel more affinity to the mexican culture and latin people in general (i came to italy to live and i just love it here) and my brother is more americanized (he currently lives and studies in SF).. funny how genes work huh?

• 2 weeks later...