skinny jeans, skinny person. lets get real.

trueblue

You should be able to track them down in a few spots:

The Nudie Shop - Little Collins St, Between Swanston and Russel

Dakota 501 - Chapel St

David Jones

Sometimes Cactus Jam & Fat carry dry Nudies, however I think they're more likely to carry only the Thin Finn.

Yeah man you shouldn't have any problems getting any dry nudies, we do have a dedicated nudie store here after all ;)

I'm a very slim guy too btw, and I have a pair of Finn's and super slim kim's and they give a nice slim look without looking painted on.

They look alright, they might be a bit big for you, but it's hard to tell from the pic.

How tight are they around the waist? You should get Nudies, and all raw denim, as tight as possible. You want the smallest waist size that you can get the button done up for. They will stretch out by 2 or more inches in the waist.

If they're already loose maybe swap for a smaller waist.

I only say this 'cause you said you were really skinny and you got a 30" waist. I can fit into a 28" or 27" waist if I really try and they would probably stretch out to be reasonably comfortable.

And the length may not necessarily shrink. When I wash my ralph's I stretch them out and they haven't become at all shorter in the length.

If you're worried about the lower leg section bulging out with shoes on maybe think about a different cut. Think about what type of shoes you'll most be wearing with the jeans and take a pair into the shop to try different cuts. Try the jeans on with your shoes. In my experience, I prefer a slightly tapered leg to fit nicely over the sort of sneaks I predominately wear.

Just rememered: the bootcut of the Ralph will not bust out that much after a while. Because the denim is so stiff when new they'll stick out, but once they soften up they'll seem straighter at the bottom.

Thanks for ur input :)

29 around the waist fit nicely, but i got a 28 which I can just get the button done up.

I tried it with another pair of shoes and actually and cuffed it up bit over an inch to give some idea of what it looks like shorter.

http://www.users.on.net/~tsh/front.JPG

http://www.users.on.net/~tsh/back.JPG

With my other shoes which are much lower to the ground it wouldn't be as bad anyway. And if I wanted to lose some length...wash at 60 degrees and not stretch? ;)

Which jeans do you find fits over ur sneaks well?

Hey man, no worries.

That looks good! The cuff works well!

Yeah, if you want 'em shorter you can not stretch 'em, and cuff 'em until you wash.

The shoes I wear most are probably Nike Dunks & Vandals. I find my APCs fit those shoes very well 'cause of the slight taper. They sit nicely ontop of the shoe. My Ralph's sit over the shoe and cover most of it when they're un-cuffed, so I don't think they work quite as well - I think they're better suited to Chucks and shoes like that. But it just depends how you wanna rock the sneaks!

Enjoy the jeans man!

im like 5'9", 135lbs..currently im wearing some levis 514 slim straight jeans whichh i think fit pretty well with how skinny i am..what do you think?

ace4-27.jpg

i think im looking into getting APC new standards next.

i don't know about the skinny guy in slim jeans problem. im 6 feet tall and 165 lbs and i wear nudie regular ralfs dry selvege and i look perfectly unterrifying in them. i also own a pair of crate dry selvege and those things need to start stretching or everyone will be asking about my package.

anyway, i would try the nudies. they have a tailored fit, but they arent too tight by any stretch of the imagination. matter of fact, this is a picture i took the other day:

100_2767.jpg

Edited by diewhitegirls on May 28, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Quote:

im like 5'9", 135lbs..currently im wearing some levis 514 slim straight jeans whichh i think fit pretty well with how skinny i am..what do you think?

ace4-27.jpg

i think im looking into getting APC new standards next.

--- Original message by acekieffer on May 28, 2006 08:39 AM

your are skinny? you look more of a medium build dude.... heh ... anyway nice fitting on those jeans

yeah man i dont think your skinny, you should see me. I cant even wear those Regulars, It doesnt look any good at all, I would need to buy a 27" and I think im the same height as you (Only know the metric system and im 170cm´s)

• 1 year later...
>> hmm i dun really understand what you are saying....since u say u are very thin....wont >> wearing slim(to me slim is less skinny than skinny) clothes/jeans look better on you?

I didn't think the 1947 501's were that baggy? ;)

60kg is pretty thin (skinny if you like) - and I tried on Nudies regular ralfs and straight svens and it doesn't look very good, trust me.

I am going to gym etc at the moment, so things will slowly change....

Edited by trueblue on May 23, 2006 at 05:07 AM

well, i'm 5ft 11 and 57kgs (excessively skinny) and skinny jeans are far better for my build than anything else. Girls over here (UK) seem to love the look, but its up to you to ultimately decide for yourself i suppose. I would however advise against them if you have any sort of curve in your legs. I also reccommend buying women's ones depending on how tight you want the fit - they're far more stretchy and don't hurt your balls like mens ones hehe. Here's me in in some skinnies...

KitchenMess.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

Piano-longshot.jpg

DSC00759-1.jpg