fake lvc?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVIS-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-tm-40s-ERA-JEANS-LVC-sz-33_W0QQitemZ8422416274QQcategoryZ125477QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Hard to tell from those lousy photos, but I wouldn't bid. The leather patch, as best I can see, looks about right, which many don't. But the internal tag has the batwing label just visible, whicih is common to many fakes, and lacks the silver thread.

it's the whiskering that's real weird. Maybe owned by someone with only one leg?

these look to be the 1944 501 'rust and blue' LVC's from (i think) the fall 2004 US collection. they were the vault piece from that collection...probably one of the nicest 'finished' jeans i've seen LVC do. i regret not buying these when I saw them at selvedge in NYC.

they came in a 1940s-type metal luch box with a letter from levi's. you can see the pink flannel front pockets as the usual material was being rationed during the war...

i've seen unused pairs of these with all the tags, the box and letter, etc, go for several hundred on ebay.

if interested, i'd ask about the stamp on the inside of the top fly button...should be '554' or 'R'

Edited by Shorty Long on May 22, 2006 at 01:07 PM

Quote:

so, Levi's has actually made a pair of jeans with whiskers only on one thigh? Amazing.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 22, 2006 01:10 PM

well...like i said, they look like authentic LVCs...even so, they appear to be 'worn' or 'used' beyond what levi did to them, so maybe the prior owner fooled with them a bit

i do actually have a pair of 44s on right now, but they're the only ones I have access to at the moment, and i'm not about to drop trou' here in the middle of work, but I don't think my tags have the bat wing...however, i don't have that particular pair...those would be hard to knock off...it's the pink plaid front pockets that tells me they're the 'rust and blue' 44s