where to measure and sagging.

red

first question: im supposed to measure waist size at where i wear my jeans right, not specifically just the waist right?

second question: i usually sag so would jeans such as the cane 47 standards look deformed if i sagged?

i usually wear my jeans on my hips, i wouldn't call it 'sagging'.

do you just wear them lower than other people or wear them halfway down your ass with a belt super tight so they don't fall off? i wear mine with a belt and have it naturally lay down on my hips.

i have a pair of 47 canes and they look fine. so does the apc rescue/straight.

measure a pair of jeans that fit you well.

measuring the waist is strange. i swear my waist was 38" at one time but I can fit into 33" tagged jeans. my normal size when jeans are 'true' is 36 and I could size down most of the time. you can't always trust measuring yourself. measuring jeans is easier. it is good to know what your body measures but it is hard to translate it into jeans.....at least for me.

well not really halfway down. maybe like 1/3. i just let them naturally fall into place. i wear them like a skater i guess, with a bunch of boxer showing.

anyways, thanks for the info. ill have to do some more research to find my fit.

Guest sauce1

i sag because im fat.

The exagerated lower seat creates the illustion that my ass is flatter and that i dont have a bubble butt.

someone took my niketalk name here.

Yea, i have this problem too. I don't know where to measure for jeans. And lately i am getting fat, and the part that is getting fat is actually my waist, not my hips. I was wondering, your hips measurement doesn't change does it? even if your belly keeps getting larger, the hip measurements stays the same right? because if it isn't true, i might need to buy a whole new wardrobe or start dieting......

Nothing looks worse than a beer belly lapped over a pair of too tight jeans worn low on the hips. Any man that thinks he has a 32 waist just because he can button them under his beer belly is dillusional and needs to stay away from jeans until he looses some weight. My opinion only.

don't measure the back of the waistband, it gives the wrong measurement. measure the waist like this http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rebirth/size_1.html

the circumference of the waistband on japanese jeans is the same as tagged size, with a few exceptions. just measure yourself wherever you want the waistband to sit.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Quote:

Yea, i have this problem too. I don't know where to measure for jeans. And lately i am getting fat, and the part that is getting fat is actually my waist, not my hips. I was wondering, your hips measurement doesn't change does it? even if your belly keeps getting larger, the hip measurements stays the same right? because if it isn't true, i might need to buy a whole new wardrobe or start dieting......

--- Original message by wxyx3 on May 23, 2006 03:50 AM

i am kind of in the same boat. i've naturally gained weight since high school (26 now), about 30 pounds. i think if I lost 15 pounds I'd wear the same jeans and I don't see myself below 25 pounds lighter. they might be loose then, but i don't see myself losing more than an inch or so on my hips. most of the weight is lovehandle/waist area, not a lot, just not bone skinny like I used to be. i wear a 36 sugarcane now, loosely. i think i could wear them if i lost 20 pounds since my hips/waist is about 36 inches or so, being 6'1".

DONT just measure the waist on jeans! The rise of any particular jean will dramatically affect how the jeans fit. Jeans with a low rise say around 9.5" that measure 36" in the waist will fit dramatically different than jeans with a 12" rise and 36" waist. Also, I have found the quad (across the hip at bottom of zipper measurement) measurement to greatly affect jean fit too. Some brands have very tight quads as compared to others. So if u have an athletic, non-flat ass, then check the quads on jeans as well.

So please check the waist, rise, and quad on the jeans to insure a proper fit.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

DONT just measure the waist on jeans! The rise of any particular jean will dramatically affect how the jeans fit. Jeans with a low rise say around 9.5" that measure 36" in the waist will fit dramatically different than jeans with a 12" rise and 36" waist. Also, I have found the quad (across the hip at bottom of zipper measurement) measurement to greatly affect jean fit too. Some brands have very tight quads as compared to others. So if u have an athletic, non-flat ass, then check the quads on jeans as well.

So please check the waist, rise, and quad on the jeans to insure a proper fit.

--- Original message by DorianSmith on May 24, 2006 04:21 AM

absolutely correct. waist and rise are the two most impt measurement for a good fit. hips or quads also play a big part, coz some have butt and some just dont have one.