edwin sanforized?

jimmyweave

Bought the EDWIN ED-47 125 999 rainbow selvedge raw denim from Grandism.

they were listed as Sanforized, which I have been told means they wont shrink

They got incredibly filthy, and they cant be dry cleaned, so I put in a cold wash and they shrunk about 2" in the waist, as well as going lighter and losing much of their shine.

have i been misinformed as to what sanforized mean, or have they been wrongly listed?

thanks for answering these naive questions

I think the culprit is that you did not measure the waist before and after, and instead you're guestimating the shrinkage. If the jeans fit well before the wash or soak, 1 or 2 cm will be very noticeable. I do not think that your jeans shrank 2".

Yes, sanforization is a way to reduce shrinking. They will shrink 2-5% instead of 8-10%.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

the jeans were size 34, and measured 38 in the waist, so theyve shrunk to 36.

i suppose you could say theyve shrunk to the size on the label, but its kind of missing the point. I really wanted to know what sanforized actually means, and its effect from washing, so I will not make future mistakes

thanks all the same

Sanforizing

Sanforizing denim is a method of stretching and manipulating the cloth in the factory prior to any washing so that any shrinking during future washes will be minimalized. It is important to note if your raw jeans are sanforized or not before determining what size to buy, non-sanforized jeans will shrink 7-10%, while sanforized jeans will shrink 1-5%. It is often advised to give non-sanforized jeans a warm soak before wearing them to get the shrinking done before you create wear marks on the jean.

By the way.. I have rinsed my rainbows with warm water too, but they eventually stretched out to the same size as before the rinse. I wear 32W and they are now 35 again.

Have you worn them at all yet?

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Edited by Tisswat on May 18, 2006 at 05:36 AM

did they lose 2" from the time you put them in the wash to after the wash, or new to after wash? chances are that if you had worn them they had already stretched out a bit, and then taking the shrinkage in to account after washing 2" sounds right.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Quote:

Im looking for a ED-47 RS but i really want to buy it in a store instead of online.

Does anyone know a edwin store in The Netherlands

--- Original message by Bobbejaan on May 21, 2006 02:00 AM

Try Questo (Hobbemastraat) or 90sqm (Levantplein) - both in Amsterdam. You can also try De Rode Winkel (multiple locations): http://www.derodewinkel.nl/

Good hunting!

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."