Zero + Maria Cornejo F/W 10.11 New York

pita bread

This a bit of a late pass, but I recently stumbled upon Zero + Maria Cornejo's boutique on Melrose and fell in love...

The first thought that comes to mind about Cornejo's work is how good it feels when worn. She cuts her clothes effortlessly slim and uses the most caressingly soft fabrics. The knits, especially, have a relaxed luxe feel to them and fit oversized while maintaining beautiful draped silhouettes.

I have never found any designer RTW fits me so perfectly off the rack as Cornejo's clothes.I am skinny albeit a little broad-shouldered, and everything in XS fits me spot on in the shoulders and chest. However, I am not very tall so some pieces fit a bit long on me--this I don't mind as much with the way Cornejo cuts as I do with the way other designers do.

The Zero + Maria Cornejo aesthetic is more or less my thing, so after trying everything on, I couldn't help but buy four pieces. I'm considering a few more. Retail prices are more than reasonable considering what you're getting, and the stuff is currently on sale for dirt cheap at Melrose. The staff there is super nice and helpful--they even paid my parking meter! Definitely check it out if you're in the area.

I am happy that someone on here shares the appreciation of her work. Sadly I do not pull in the bank to make purchases of her pieces. They were doing custom shoes at an event recently I would have loved to attend but alas I am not financially sound enough. Her stuff is a wonder to touch though and I am pleased she fully made the dive into menswear even if handfuls of her pieces were a bit unisex before.

On a sufu note: Someone needs to post a Z + M fit on Waywt.

• 1 month later...