The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

Beatle's and the current version of the 3001 both have 100% cotton stitch..

hey all, I've worn my F310 for about 2.5 months now, and I was thinking of going to the beach and having a swiming in them, and seeing the color change....what do u guys think? I'm worried about the strinkage tho..although I've soak them twice they are still pretty tight fit, the waist doesnt let me sit down comfortablely, I'm thinking if I just sit in them the whole day I'm at the beach they might loosen abit..thanks alot guys

hey all, I've worn my F310 for about 2.5 months now, and I was thinking of going to the beach and having a swiming in them, and seeing the color change....what do u guys think? I'm worried about the strinkage tho..although I've soak them twice they are still pretty tight fit, the waist doesnt let me sit down comfortablely, I'm thinking if I just sit in them the whole day I'm at the beach they might loosen abit..thanks alot guys

Yeah, don't do it.

I'm wanting to make a pair of 3001/310's my next pair of jeanz but I'm not sure if my thighs will allow it. I'm currently wearing a pair of Imperial Dukes in a size 33 and they are slightly loose in the waist and just slightly too tight in the thighs. I've tried to find a direct comparison between the two but my searches have come up with nothing.

Selfedge has these measurements:

Duke- 11.75" thigh for a 33 (I thought they were 12")

3001- 11.5" thigh

310- 12" thigh

(both in 33" waist)

these are pre soak so will they be slimmer than the Duke after all the shrinkage/stretching is taken into account because it seems to me like they would be but then I read people saying that the Duke was a slimmer cut...

thanks in advance for the help

If you feel as though they are too tight, then cuts like the Duke or 3001/310's may not be for you. They will stretch but also shrink back when you machine wash them.

Learn to love the pain.

I'm wanting to make a pair of 3001/310's my next pair of jeanz but I'm not sure if my thighs will allow it. I'm currently wearing a pair of Imperial Dukes in a size 33 and they are slightly loose in the waist and just slightly too tight in the thighs. I've tried to find a direct comparison between the two but my searches have come up with nothing.

Selfedge has these measurements:

Duke- 11.75" thigh for a 33 (I thought they were 12")

3001- 11.5" thigh

310- 12" thigh

(both in 33" waist)

these are pre soak so will they be slimmer than the Duke after all the shrinkage/stretching is taken into account because it seems to me like they would be but then I read people saying that the Duke was a slimmer cut...

thanks in advance for the help

I have the 3001 in a 33 and I feel like my thighs are pretty huge.

They are 12" right at the leg opening and go down to ~11.5" about 1" below the crotch.

If you wear them low enough, you can take advantage of the wider leg opening lower down on your thigh, if that makes any sense. Plus you should be wearing your pants low anyways for proper steez.

ok, little update.

as I (and some people here) thought that they were a little too short i stretched the inseam from 33,75 " to 35"...(yes, did not soak them again, just stretched them dry)

for me the fit is now perfect, i was on a trip to berlin and did alot of walking so the denim got alot softer.

pics:

P1020485.jpg

P1020486.jpg

P1020488.jpg

what do you think?

You'll be fine. Even sans the stretching, the waist will fit you a bit more relaxed over the next few weeks and you can slouch them a slight bit. It adds a bit of overall comfort as well.

If you feel as though they are too tight, then cuts like the Duke or 3001/310's may not be for you. They will stretch but also shrink back when you machine wash them.

Learn to love the pain.

Thanks, maybe I'd be better off with a 380 just so I don't have the same look as I do with my Dukes. Think I'd be able to size down one in a 380 from my Duke size since my problem is only in the thigh?

-eldave,

thanks for those measurements... Im fairly new to dry denim and live in the middle of nowhere so I haven't been able to try on many pairs with the exception of nudies on a recent trip to Sweden... You don't happen to know what size you'd wear in a nudie RR just so I have some comparison do you?

edit: I think the high rise on the duke is working against me too since they are almost awkward to sag since they are very tight in the hip/rise and have to be very low to be sagging because of the big rise. Perhaps a lower rise would make them look better sagged and help me out in the thigh as well

Why not just go for a F380 then.

you wouldnt need to worry about the tighs then, even after a wash too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really having a debacle because I don't know if I should go size 28 or 29 on the 3001/310s.

For a little more info:

Height:5'4

Weight:127-129lbs

Ive bought a pair of Nudies average joes in size 28 and sugar canes okinawas size 28. The nudies were okay to button up(wearing it the first time was a perfect snug fit), but the sugar canes in a size 28 I have a little trouble buttoning the top button, but was still able to do it. Now I am sitting here(in the Okinawas) in a little constricted pain around the waist, but i love the okinanwas. I also wear a pair of gaps in size 29 for a perfect, comfortably snug fit.

My ideal goal is to have the fit of sidneys or ordo's, but I don't want a very very very very slim jean that makes my dick disappear. Just slim form silhouette. I keep reading "GET TRUE SIZE" and then "SIZE UP ONE", im so confused.

any suggestions?

I'll take pictures of me in my canes soon since I just got them today, but if pictures in my nudies are needed to help size, I am happy to post them!

Size up one, especially if you don't want a really slim fit. These are a slim fitting jean (3001s), not skin tight but really tight in the thighs especially. I bought true to size (29) and should have sized up one. I am 5'10'' and 135

I am really having a debacle because I don't know if I should go size 28 or 29 on the 3001/310s.

For a little more info:

Height:5'4

Weight:127-129lbs

Ive bought a pair of Nudies average joes in size 28 and sugar canes okinawas size 28. The nudies were okay to button up(wearing it the first time was a perfect snug fit), but the sugar canes in a size 28 I have a little trouble buttoning the top button, but was still able to do it. Now I am sitting here(in the Okinawas) in a little constricted pain around the waist, but i love the okinanwas. I also wear a pair of gaps in size 29 for a perfect, comfortably snug fit.

My ideal goal is to have the fit of sidneys or ordo's, but I don't want a very very very very slim jean that makes my dick disappear. Just slim form silhouette. I keep reading "GET TRUE SIZE" and then "SIZE UP ONE", im so confused.

any suggestions?

I'll take pictures of me in my canes soon since I just got them today, but if pictures in my nudies are needed to help size, I am happy to post them!

if you wear a size 29 in gaps, youre probably a true 30?

i'm an inch taller than you and about 5 pounds lighter and 28 gaps are too big for me. no offense, but if you want a fit like sidney or ordos, you might have to be a little taller/skinnier.

you cant wear tight/slim jeans like 3001s. just wear those sugarcanes.

scratch what i said, youre just short. but still just wear those sugarcanes.

scratch that again, you can't wear tight/slim jeans like 3001. just wear those sugarcanes.