Pacific Place HK

kremedla

Holy shit. Pacific Place is where I used to hang out with all my friends years ago when we were still kids.

Shopping has always been rather mediocre at Pacific Place.. had a couple good stores, Joyce, Seibu and whatnot.. I haven't been back to HK in ages so can't say - but I'd say Causeway Bay and IFC are so much better.

so i burnt a fire for a lost desire

Well IFC is newer, really, the shops are similar, maybe more newer luxury brands and goods, and to me a little more spacious, and youthful, Swire properties are always a little crammed, and the goddamn escalators break on a regular basis, which makes it a bitch to get up and down thier malls. I'm not really down with the paternal way that they offer "Art to the masses either, it's really pretentious how they have live installations of classical quartets serenade you as you shop but thier dinosaur exhibit at Taikoo was dope! as well as the Art Statements installation Domminic Perregaux is really good at creating a good vibe for his artists.

Causeway bay has more youthful brands, to me at least, streetwear, and Japanese brands, the vibe is different too because it's outdoors mainly. IMHO if you come to Hong Kong it's about outdoor shopping, Night market, Central, and CB. why come here to see the same old tired brands in thier branded shops that you can see in any other part of the world.

Quote:

Holy shit. Pacific Place is where I used to hang out with all my friends years ago when we were still kids.

Shopping has always been rather mediocre at Pacific Place.. had a couple good stores, Joyce, Seibu and whatnot.. I haven't been back to HK in ages so can't say - but I'd say Causeway Bay and IFC are so much better.

--- Original message by girlwonder on May 8, 2006 10:54 AM

rotfl. when was this. when i used to live in HK from 92-95, me and my friends were major mallrats there. we didn't know what else there would be to do in HK. we'd take the bus there, eat at the mcdonald's, and watch a movie there like every friday.

as for pacific place, it's a decent mall but i can tell its all on the decline. the seibu there has good stuff tho. it's where i picked up my nudie jeans. there's other high grade fashion stores there as well like the others have described. it really depends what you're looking for. i know the lane crawford in the IFC2 has much more stuff. they consider that their flagship store. i was told a lot of the items in the pacific place lane crawford was shipped over to the IFC2 one like atelier la druance and stuff.

HK is so small though. you could easily just spend an hour walkin around pacific place then take a 5 minute train ride to the IFC2 mall and see for yourself.

thanks for the replies-

was looking at pp from a brand perspective which is very much linked to swire- as mentioned above...i agree with alot that has been said and i think that ifc is creeping in, but pp still has that 'posh' feel to it, though drab...

anymore comments would be appreciated

pp doesn't feel posh to me, but that's simply because of my experiences as being a stupid 15 year old, hanging out there all the time at the mcdonald's that used to be there. i think IFC2, the various flagship stores in central like the LV store & armani building, and the lee gardens building in cwb is definitely more posh.