LVC 1947 sanforized preshunk raw WAY too tight-- will they stretch?

Sauce

Did a search but no answers.

Hi I usually wear a 30" pants. I bought a pair of 1947 Capital E, sorry for the title, it's NOT LVC. sanforized preshrunk jeans in 28". They are WAY tight, although i can buttom the jeans to the top. These are raw but sanforized and selvedged.

Are they going to stretch around the waist? If so how much? I am NOT going to wash these and plan on wearing them for a while 3-4 months until my first wash.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Sauce on May 5, 2006 at 11:45 PM

Preshrunk 47s? Did they come that way with tags on them? Or did someone sell you a pair that was washed? I have never heard of preshrunk 47s, but they will stretch a good inch to two depending on if you wear a belt or not.

well, they are the ones from the website. might be from a year ago-- like last season. they are brand new with tags but have the "preshrunk jeans" tag on em.

They feel pretty stiff-- not raw raw like my imperial or apc hipsters (i'm not levis expert either) but they are at most 1 wash. Since they are preshrunk, they have to be at least one rinse.

Anyway, my question remains then: in your opinion, 1 wash levis selvedge 501's, ARE they going to strech? and if so, how much? thanks!

Quote:

they will stretch a good inch to two depending on if you wear a belt or not.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on May 3, 2006 06:54 PM

Edited by adsurgo on May 3, 2006 at 10:19 PM

Quote:

Did a search but no answers.

Hi I usually wear a 30" pants. I bought a pair of 1947 LVC sanforized preshrunk jeans in 28". They are WAY tight, although i can buttom the jeans to the top. These are raw but sanforized and selvedged.

Are they going to stretch around the waist? If so how much? I am NOT going to wash these and plan on wearing them for a while 3-4 months until my first wash.

thanks in advance.

--- Original message by Sauce on May 3, 2006 06:47 PM

i don't think they'll stretch out to a 30"...sounds like you got a pair of 'premiums'

there's no such thing as sanforized lvc 47s...only prewashed/finished versions of 47s that started out as stf...but since yours are raw, they must be something else

post pics and we can tell you what you got.

In that case they should stretch atleast an inch or two in the waist... as is the case with most sanforized denim. Post pictures of those jeans. I would like to see what they look like. I have always thought they needed to produce the current 501s with the same cut only tougher denim. Do they have a greyish sheen to them?

well thanks for your input guys. I just decided i'll wear them and stretch them out. They've gotten more comfortable but still nut crushers. They've stretched about .5 inches. and i'll wear them to bed to see how they are.

They are not greyish at all. They a slightly slubby blue denim. the selvage is white with redline. and these actually have screen print all over on the inside of the denim and the pocket bags have the print on it too. it's like flowers and birds on them (in red).

they look cool and totally worth the 50 bucks. lets just hope they stretch enough.

got em off the levis site (though i don't think they have them anymore)

no pictures b/c no camera, but may be after a few months, i'll post progress.

Edited by Sauce on May 5, 2006 at 12:20 AM

I can't believe you got those for 50 bones. I think they are lookin good. The only problem I would have would be that I like to cuff my jeans, and I wouldn't want the floral pattern showing on the cuffs, but on the other hand I love the intricacies of having a floral pattern on the inside of the jeans... like the camo pocket lining in PRPS. It just adds character.

Those aren't 47's. Those are Levi's Premium 501's, and they will shrink if you wash them. I have a pair like those but without the design inside and they shrank in the waist and in length and they didnt' look too good after having been washed. The tag on the inside says that you should wash them in the same way that jeans are normally washed, but there was a tag that was attached to them when I bought them that said that they should only be dry cleaned.