Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnsinclair

super umbrellas

Guest johnsinclair

I'm looking for any kind of luxury umbrellas and rainwear. Got any ideas? Know where to get them? Thanks a lot for the help.

If you are looking for some luxury hype-beasty type of stuff, all the regulars: LV, Gucci, Goyard, etc. make umbrellas (often with the tacky monograms though).......

However, if you want a more subtle, classy umbrella that is pretty much the quintessential gentleman's umbrella, look no further than:

http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/

Been around since the 1800's. They even make BESPOKE umbrellas. I shit you not.

Dunhill also makes nice ones at fairly reasonable prices.

Umbrellas are the one thing I constantly lose/get stolen. I had a really nice Paul Smith one once, but it lasted about 3 weeks. I just get decent looking ones without branding now.

But yeah, if you're looking for something nice but out of the ordinary, look at Paul Smith.

Umbrellas are the one thing I constantly lose/get stolen. I had a really nice Paul Smith one once, but it lasted about 3 weeks. I just get decent looking ones without branding now.

But yeah, if you're looking for something nice but out of the ordinary, look at Paul Smith.

He heh. I think umbrellas are one of the most stolen items in Japan. I loved the umbrella locks outside of the buildings there.

Guest johnsinclair

Thanks a lot for the responses--exactly what I was looking for.

burberry... or bape.

Guest jmatsu

lucien pellat-finet pot umbrella. 300bucks.

you can get some nice carbon fiber umbrellas for around 50 buck these days.

light, strong, wind resistant and understated. thats all you need...

Ralph Lauren Purple Label have a great umbrella with the skull & bones motif on at the moment. I just picked one up...very subtle and beautifully made with great details. $200 or so...

Uniqlo has a regular and folding one that are cheap (around $10?) but look bit better than street vendor style ones. I wanted to buy one and give it a test run (or walk), but I haven't had the chance. I just don't trust myself or others who borrow from me with my umbrellas enough to invest in a nice one like the one you are looking at.

design wise, I liked ones Paul Smith has made over the years, the current folding one is bit reserved to be visibly PS. and still expensive

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/accessories-163/paul-smith-umbrella-a4xa-umb1-black-1/product.html?LproductId=41

I understand these may be a bit over the top, but it will be cool to pull it off with a nice suit:

http://www.styledrops.com/shoes-263_2.html

but i will probably stick with the cheapos - I ain't worthy.

englandmj7, I do understand that if you want something nice, you gotta spring for it. I'm just looking to evaluate other options before spending the cash.

corporategrunt, the first paul smith one is nice, subtly so anyway. Close to the cost of the Maha one too, which makes the choice even harder.

What do you guys think of this?

https://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/ProductDisplay_Sky%20Umbrella%20%20Collapsible_10451_10001_12216_-1_11536_11539_null__

That's pretty cool/gimmicky.

Girls would probably comment on it, and that's really all that matters. Get them under your umbrella..........and make romance inside them.

yeah those umbrellas look like they will flip inside-out if wind catches under it. look into a windproof umbrella if you're looking for functionality.

Burberry gave me an umbrella at work. Its full-length...black on the outside, dark brown plaid on the inside. Its held up quite well.

I hear Aquascutum (sp?..aquascrotum??) make the best.

Yeah, I've seen that MoMa one before. Not really what I'm looking for. I want something more classic looking and that is made well, like the Briggs umbrellas. I'm asking because I'm completely unaware of companies that make umbrellas.

Actually posted a q about umbrellas previously, of course I was aiming a little lower, and got the MoMa one. Very cool and got compliments for it. The Paul Smith ones are really cool though