The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

i can vouch for cyanogen 7's greatness and stability

that seems to be a pretty popular choice. i dont even know if i want to use anything but the stock kernel. does it really make much of a difference?

no, actually seen an improvement on my incredible. i don't use juice defender or app killers or any of that garbage

Same, my evo went from 100-0 battery in about 4 hours, to lasting the whole entire day when I put cm7 on it. Alhough since having it on my phone I have had some minor annoying issues.

galaxy s ii, and i'm a moto loyalist

Same, my evo went from 100-0 battery in about 4 hours, to lasting the whole entire day when I put cm7 on it. Alhough since having it on my phone I have had some minor annoying issues.

4 hours? damn

under cm6 i was getting 2 days with heavy usage

in cm7 i'm only getting about 15-20hrs with light-medium usage

display still taking up the most but it's only at around 3-4 hours

snached a Bolt off of CL for dirt cheap, brand new. swapping it out here and there from my DX. The 4G speeds on VZ are INSANE. looking forward to keeping my unlimited data plan when the Bionic drops hopefully with an unlocked bootloader.

for 4G the Droid Charge has been getting the top spot, screen is gorgeous on it. I wouldn't touch a sammy phone tho I personally don't like their build quality or their interface that has to be worked around. But if you root it there's GB leaks for it already so no waiting for the manufacturer.

If 4G isn't your thing then either the Droid X2 or hold out for the full 5 row qwerty 4 inch screen Droid 3 dropping in a week or two.

FINALLY rooted my fascinate. oh goody what rom do i install now.. time to read a bunch guhh

edit: went with evil fascination. i think i dig it...

evo 3d = lots of fun... dual core and silly to take the 3d pics... runs like a beast, and the battery seems much better than the evo4g.... so fay pretty psyched, but it has crashed 2 times already, which is a bit worrying. my iphone 3g crashed like 10 times the three years i had it.

trade off concept.

• 2 weeks later...

hopefully the Bionic will have an open bootloader bc that 4.5 inch screen looks sexy. Pretty much perfect size for me to not even consider buying a tablet. Word on the web is that it's dropping first week of August.

is the ? mark with the little droid guy? or is it just a ? what kind of charger were you using? and you can't brick the phone with just charging, it might have very well been a factory defect since I'm sure they're running these thing off the assembly line faster than they can give them a quality check.

is the ? mark with the little droid guy? or is it just a ? what kind of charger were you using? and you can't brick the phone with just charging, it might have very well been a factory defect since I'm sure they're running these thing off the assembly line faster than they can give them a quality check.

No, it was where the % of battery life appears on the Droid, it was at 0% for a long time but then yeah all night was like that. In the morning it must have actually turned over in its grave b/c it allowed me to turn it over three times, cast a revive spell, and plug itin. Working like a charm now, damn sexy and I don't see why people bitch about motoblur at all, quite like it actually (this far in anyway).

no way this has the charge screen though, right? super-amoled is propietary to samsung I thought.

the droid charge and the galaxy s2 both use the super amoled plus

nexus s and galaxy s both have the regular super amoled

samsung makes all these phones

fucking android 3 battery fried day 2, wtf is this?! either my car somehow bricked it with the cigarette charger or it's just a pos and now this ambiguous "?' is all I get when I try to turn the thing on. smh @ motorola

^^ I think he means that he has the Droid 3, hence the smh-ing @ Motorola.

And Bislane, I don't think the Super AMOLED+ comment was directed toward your exploded Droid?

Either way, The Samsung Galaxy II's are so sick, supposedly coming to the states in August.

http://popherald.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s2-release-date-in-usa-next-month-confirmed/8649/2011/07/20

Can't wait for the SG2 it looks sick. The Charge's screen looks better than my 47" 1080 tv. As for Moto they dropped the ball on the bionic, made it a 4.3" screen and put that shitty qhd screen in it. no thanks I'll pass on that one.