The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

will report back on that tomorrow after a full day's use without intermittent charging like i had today. right now i'm installing the google apps bundle so i can actually access the android market again lol.. then i'll get juice defender like i had before since that seemed to make a great deal of difference for my battery life.

anybody else using cyanogen/something similar?

i'm running trigger v2.7.1 on my vibrant with the overstock kernel. shit is buttery smooth and i average like 24-30+ hours of battery

there is a cm7 build for the vibrant, but it still has some issues (gps doesn't work i think). there are probably going to be some more sweet gingerbread roms coming out soon...

does anyone else use voodoo lagfix/color/sound? or is that just some galaxy s shit?

is there any way to troubleshoot the wifi system? mine isn't letting me get online at school, though i'm on my laptop now without any problem... the little wifi thing in the to bar is full, so i'm kinda confused..

it's weird i can't connect at school either, while it worked on the nokia i had last year. doesn't really matter since i've got 3G+ but still.

• 1 month later...

swype doesn't drain battery for me at all.. doesn't even show up as a listed app in the battery reports. I don't know if i could handle going back to a conventional touch keyboard after using it for a while.. so FAYST.

I'm now running cm7/gingerbread on my incredible. Definitely some improvements over froyo, although I had a few incidences of getting stuck in an infinite boot loop. they seem to have fixed that now though.

any cool gingerbread roms I should know about??

What music apps are you using ? I've got PowerAmp, the only app i bought on Android, and in my opinion it's one of the best mobile music app i've ever seen (although it doesn't have all tha cloud syncing scrobbling things).

the chat is in the 2.3.4 update right? sux I don't have a front facing camera on my joint. would be nice. Messed with the TB and it's dope the LTE speeds are nuts, but still holding out for some dual core love.

just picked up a G2X for my girlfriend. The Tegra dual core chip in that thing is insanely fast. pretty much shits on my vibrant.

Yup, I used it for 10 minutes, and was amazed at how fast it is. Pretty much shits on any phone, shits on my Evo 4G. I am sure I am switching over to t-mobile though, and getting it within another month, super stoked.

the chat is in the 2.3.4 update right? sux I don't have a front facing camera on my joint. would be nice. Messed with the TB and it's dope the LTE speeds are nuts, but still holding out for some dual core love.

is this update out? i dont have a front facing camera either but would still be nice to get an update.

Heads with the Nexus S got it already, not sure if it was side loaded or OTA. I can't use it bc I have blur on top of my shit. when p3droid releases a 2.3.4 variant I should be able to side load it on top of my 2.3.3 without having to wipe the system again.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't wait for a dual core to come to verizon.

Got a thunderbolt a few weeks ago, pretty nice. I thought the kickstand was stupid before I bought it, but it really comes in handy.

4.3" screen is huge though, shit takes up like me whole pocket.

i just moved over to a samsung fascinate from a htc droid eris. gd this phone runs so smooth on froyo. i hope a gingerbread leak gets out eventually but whatever i'm playing angry birds with no lag!!! also, this super amoled screen owns so hard. i was watching a vid on youtube and the screen goes black for a few seconds and i freak out for a bit thinking that the phone shut off, but some text appears a second later. the black was so black it looked like part of the bezel B)