The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

You need to install google apps again. Since they are pre-packaged 3rd party software, they disappear when you root your phone. A quick google search of "Google Apps APK 'your phone build' " should get you a download link. Put the .zip file on your SD card. You'll then need to boot into recovery and flash the zip. When you reboot, you should have your apps back, marketplace included.

I'd also recommend once you get marketplace back, to snag Titanium Backup. If you're messing with your phone a lot it's useful as it backs up all your apps and user data in case you have to format or something.

what music player do you guys use?

poweramp has good reviews but tis not free and it's not cracked in applanet :[

I use Poweramp, it's the only app I bought for Android (otherwise I DL them on ipmart). Completly worth the 2 or 3 dollars. I'd say it's the best music player app i've ever used on a phone. And it's updated quite often so looking for a new cracked version each time would be too much of a pain in the ass anyway.

I use Poweramp, it's the only app I bought for Android (otherwise I DL them on ipmart). Completly worth the 2 or 3 dollars. I'd say it's the best music player app i've ever used on a phone. And it's updated quite often so looking for a new cracked version each time would be too much of a pain in the ass anyway.

QFT! That and Vignette, but I love poweramp. You can change your EQ, and it is organized, and it is fast, and great! They have a lot of features as well, and if you are going to spend money on any app, this is probably the one that is worth it the most.

Yeah, I am running CM7, and one thing I took notice of was how battery life improved TREMENDOUSLY. I mean I used to charge my phone 2-3 times a day and once I got home (7 p.m.) battery was almost drained. I now don't charge it at all, and it lasts a full day. I keep it on airplane mode for the most part though (I also kept it on airplane when it wasn't rooted). It is also pretty fast and has a sweet interface.

what music player do you guys use?

poweramp has good reviews but tis not free and it's not cracked in applanet :[

Been using the new Google Music app for a couple of weeks. Its pretty slow, but I'm waiting for the cloud music joint to start working.

And I got Pandora and Soundcloud if I want to change it up a bit.

^ Nah I'm just running a stock deodexed rom. Don't want to upgrade cuz the teathering is running smoothly. Does the 4g work on cm7?

Late pass, but tethering and 4G work fine for me on CM7...You can always just make a backup of your current setup, flash CM7 to see if you like it and if not just flash back.

• 3 weeks later...