Edmonton X Sugarcane (let's try this again)

Yet Fung

I don't think anyone is trying to say derks, singer, gravity pope, high grade - etc... is keeping their lights on by selling dry denim. Nor does any company make a sustainable profit in one market niche. I would argue that there is a market for sugar cane and other brands like it in Edmonton.

And actually I would like to hear your arguement against this - I pray it is not the same old "edmonton is blue - collar... oil industry driven....price of oil...... albertan cowboys.... only buy tried and proven products..." speculative arguement that I have seen and heard before. It is a tired arguement and really does not prove anything. I am not saying that is what your arguement against the viability of sugar cane and similar brands in edmonton would be, I am merely saying if that is your arguement don't bother bringing it.

japanese denim has become a simulacra of americana. Initially being a faithful reporduction but becoming something else, independant from the original, a true reflection of postmodernity.

Hey mate, i live and work in edmonton, at urban actually. I've never heard of this denim but i will assure you there's next to no market for it in edmonton. at urban we have a very good relationship with our buyer and hes been in the buissness a long time and he knows what hes there to do. as he explains it; edmonton is not a fashion forward community and most of the people who are into the fashion scene are cheap. most of edmonton is still dreaming about a pair of diesel zathan 772's. a store exists to make money. to make money you can't be too far behind or too far ahead. if stuff doesn't sell at full price in about 3-5 months it's no good. but for now i'm 1000 miles from home and tired as hell, i hope that helps though it almost certainly does not.

p.s. i hate PRPS.