Vans Syndicate 03

LanceP

I agree with Doctorgnar, they should do more with the Half Cabs. Those colors are too bland,and look way too similar to the 1st Syndicate line.

A camo inspired Half Cab would be nuts. Regardless I'll still probably get the black version, because Cabs are dope.

Not really feeling the rest of the line. Ballistic SK8-Hi's look much better than Jason Jesse's, and I've never been much of a fan of repeating prints on Vans (W-taps).

Is anyone a little bit worried about the road Vans seems to be heading down?

Limiting quality goods to their special edition products while skimping on their regular line (reminiscint of what Nike is doing).

I just don't want Vans to turn into the next dunk. But in light of the recent reselling of Ballistics and the overall hoopla for Vans by message board sneaker nerds, I have a feeling that's where things are headed.

^^ I know what you mean, and I was thinking about that too actually. Not too into them limiting quality goods, but at the same time they keep putting out hot designs and I can't help but buy into them. Whatever, I still rock my black Old Skools constantly.

Quote:

^Did you skate the hemp half-cabs? I thought those were the weakest of all the Syndicates, especially as a skate line. But overall, I agree they are still killing it. I love my ballistics and I'm looking forward to coping a couple of these.

--- Original message by doctorgnar on Apr 11, 2006 02:29 PM

I've been skating the black hemps and the olive chukkas. the hemp is definitely not that durable, but they look great, skate great, are lighter and more breathable, and with a little bit of shoe-goo you're good to go.

Quote:

I agree with Doctorgnar, they should do more with the Half Cabs. Those colors are too bland,and look way too similar to the 1st Syndicate line.

A camo inspired Half Cab would be nuts. Regardless I'll still probably get the black version, because Cabs are dope.

Not really feeling the rest of the line. Ballistic SK8-Hi's look much better than Jason Jesse's, and I've never been much of a fan of repeating prints on Vans (W-taps).

Is anyone a little bit worried about the road Vans seems to be heading down?

Limiting quality goods to their special edition products while skimping on their regular line (reminiscint of what Nike is doing).

I just don't want Vans to turn into the next dunk. But in light of the recent reselling of Ballistics and the overall hoopla for Vans by message board sneaker nerds, I have a feeling that's where things are headed.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Apr 11, 2006 03:15 PM

i for sure would be worried if they came w/camo half-cabs haha!, but i would be stoked to see more solid color suedes in tan, brown and maroon, etc, for the half-cabs and chukkas. I mean just the fact that they've come w/white, olive and charcoal half-cabs so far, not to mention the 1000% improved shape and insole, i feel like we're priveleged w/whatever they come with at this point.

and although i'd like to see them bust a few more colors i'm actually really glad they're not going overboard w/them, and if they ever come w/some sort of dunk-inspired or two-tone halfcab colorways i'm going to yack.

imo it's at least better to come out w/limited quality goods such as the Syndicate line, rather than come w/nothing new or novel at all, which is what they were doing before. Would be nice however to see them totally do away w/the old half-cabs and start making more standard ones w/the new construction and insole.

At any rate gotta big up Vans and the Syndicate crew for what they're doing. great stuff.

True, the construction of the Half-Cab is very nice, much improved, but I would love to see more solid colors in suede, and more variations in the fabric, in something more durable than hemp.

I think for skate shoes it's never really been about limited quantity or whatever, but quality, and if Van's is going to step it up with the later, then I support however they go about it. I am wary, however, of resellers and the potential for Vans to go the way of Nike -- just hoping they won't.

Quote:

True, the construction of the Half-Cab is very nice, much improved, but I would love to see more solid colors in suede, and more variations in the fabric, in something more durable than hemp.

I think for skate shoes it's never really been about limited quantity or whatever, but quality, and if Van's is going to step it up with the later, then I support however they go about it. I am wary, however, of resellers and the potential for Vans to go the way of Nike -- just hoping they won't.

--- Original message by doctorgnar on Apr 11, 2006 08:59 PM

actually looks like at least the black and light gray half-cabs for round 3 are nubuck, so there's a diff't material anyway

to some degree i think Syndicate is/was a move by Vans to do something underground and create a bit of a buzz within the skate world... but yeah since the momentum is going more and more in Vans direction anyway then limiting things could get problematic.

the half-cabs are low-key enough that hopefully most people other than the real skate heads will stay away from them... with the Ballistics there was that whole premium element w/the bag and everything and the talk of 'only 2 pairs per size per shop' and the resellers started slobbering...reselling Ballistics is a pure chump move tho, for real

• 1 month later...
Quote:

saw some of these a bit ago, but they are nice as usual. When will people get off fucking nike this shit is hot and easy to pick up

--- Original message by Justice on Apr 11, 2006 12:29 PM

i dunno where you are, but as far as i'm concerned vans syndicate is a million times more difficult to find than nike sb or quickstrikes.

• 1 month later...

is there a list of stockists for series 003

the number of stores that carried 001 was far greater than

those with 002