A.P.O. Denim (ringring?)

Bing Bing

These are a couple excerpts from an article about APO Denim--

"A.P.O. jeans are constructed from denim woven in India that costs $40 a yard, compared with the $2- to $3-per-yard cost of materials for most designer denim."

"And to guard against counterfeiting, Stewart employes a secret, continuous stitching method.

'"If someone tried to copy the jeans, they wouldn't know where the stitch started or where it ended,"' he said."

Are they talking about super, high-quality denim and methods that other brands don't use, or is the article just dumbing it down for the lay-person? Is the $40 a yard denim actually they same kinds that other high quality brands use? And is the 'continuous stiching' referring to vintage shuttle loom weaving?

Not having seen a pair of APO's in the flesh, it's hard to comment.

But US$40 a yard is extremely expensive for denim. It's like the Kobi Beef of denim, I guess the indigo and cotton plants are played Mozart and watered with the urine of virgins LOL.

"And to guard against counterfeiting, Stewart employes a secret, continuous stitching method.

'"If someone tried to copy the jeans, they wouldn't know where the stitch started or where it ended,"' he said."

Isn't all stitching continous? - this is something I would like to see. My guess is there will be plenty of people capable of seeing "where the stitch started or where it ended".

I don't know if it referring to shuttle loom weaving or if the denim is the same as other brands use. $6-$7 will get you a top quality Italian/Japanese denim, so $40 just sounds odd, particularly coming from India.

It would be interesting to find out more.

[url=" http://www.apojeans.net/"] <a href="http://www.apojeans.net/" target="_blank">http://www.apojeans.net/</a>

Thanks for the help. I also read that the designer has only sold about 5 pairs so far. I'm not too sure I like the idea of customized-fitting jeans. I kind of takes away from the fun of hunting for denim. As for the $40 a yard material--you're right--maybe it reflects stains onto unsuspecting, less expensive, denim! too craze.

just a question...when someone says "italian denim" or "Japanese denim" or "indian denim" or "whatever denim", does it just mean that the denim cloth is weaved and manufactured in said country or does it mean that the cotton that is used to make the denim is from that said country itself? Or both? i.e. origin of cotton and manufacturing.