Hong Kong in May

jor_ju

Hi.. i'm wondering if someone can recommend some good shopping places in Hong Kong

Does anyone know any good malls (the ones i know so far.. are APM, LCX, LangHam, Harbor City and Time Square) to shop at?

Also, is there any well known streets w/ lots of clothing i should look out for.. besides causeway bay?

Lastly, is there any local/street brands, or certain stores i should keep an eye out for?

Thanks!!!

^ yo i'm in HK right now. give me the scooop. hehe

what are you lookin for?

theres one mall in mongkok called in's square that has nothing but floors upon floors of dunks, bapes, and other limited edition kicks.

other malls to check are silvercord (in TST, has d-mop, APC, beam)... festival walk (in kowloon tong), IFC2 (central, flagship evisu store there), times square (causeway bay)

actually causeway bay has this whole area called fashion island where there's nothing but crazy ass boutiques and local stores.

there's also granville road in tsim sha tsui. the whole street of cool shit as well. take5 has a huge selection of evisu, samurai, and sugar cane jeans. there's also a nike sb store there.

As far local street brands.. you can find a lot in causeway bay. it actually seems to be a hotbed for local designers there. check the area behind sogo. stores like LOLL, Dusty (www.dusty.com.hk), and 8five2 shop got some cool ass shit. my personal fav is 8five2 shop, www.8five2.com. they're a skate store but they have their own line of HK inspired shit.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

^ yo i'm in HK right now. give me the scooop. hehe

what are you lookin for?

theres one mall in mongkok called in's square that has nothing but floors upon floors of dunks, bapes, and other limited edition kicks.

other malls to check are silvercord (in TST, has d-mop, APC, beam)... festival walk (in kowloon tong), IFC2 (central, flagship evisu store there), times square (causeway bay)

actually causeway bay has this whole area called fashion island where there's nothing but crazy ass boutiques and local stores.

there's also granville road in tsim sha tsui. the whole street of cool shit as well. take5 has a huge selection of evisu, samurai, and sugar cane jeans. there's also a nike sb store there.

As far local street brands.. you can find a lot in causeway bay. it actually seems to be a hotbed for local designers there. check the area behind sogo. stores like LOLL, Dusty (www.dusty.com.hk), and 8five2 shop got some cool ass shit. my personal fav is 8five2 shop, www.8five2.com. they're a skate store but they have their own line of HK inspired shit.

--- Original message by Landy on Apr 11, 2006 01:26 PM

hey

thanks for the reply!

damn i think 3 weeks is way too short for me shit..seems like there are tons of places to shop for clothes and on top of that..i have to buy a phone!

i'm looking for converse,vans, superstars (adicolor) just different colors/limited editions

as for clothes i'm searching for Lrg, beams, neighborhood, stussy, zooyork and supreme..

do you know anywhere to get backpacks/messenger bags and accessories?

Also do you have any recommendations to find reasonbly priced clothing (like not brand names)? just for simple thigns like military jackets and slim/tappered jeans?

Edited by jor_ju on Apr 26, 2006 at 03:58 PM

Edited by jor_ju on Apr 26, 2006 at 04:14 PM

hey guys i'll be at HK around may 7th...

what are the addresses of the following malls : APM, LCX??? are these really good malls? what can you find there? what stuff?

where in mongkok is in's mall??? what street???

any special events happening over there on the week of may 7th???

where do they sell adicolor pairs the cheapest? how much?

where do they sell the cheapest kicks???

thanks!

you find LRG anywhere in HK. that label is all over the markets and little shops in hong kong. you can find neighborhood and supreme in causeway bay. but if you really want a steal and you're going to be in HK for sometime. it might be worth your while to get a multiple entry visa to take the train up north to china. takes about 45 minutes or so. there's a large mall called lo wu commercial city. the shops on the 4th floor sell all manner of stussy, supreme, and neighborhood shirts for about $7. depends how good you haggle. i can't tell you if its authentic or not.. but its a t-shirt for christ'ssake. if anyone steps to you that its fake, you went to china and got a good story out of it. who cares?

for military jackets, bags, and jeans... i'd just try the markets like temple street at night. all kinds of cheap stuff there.

for shoes.. all manner of limited edition stuff. the place to be in mongkok.

mongkok_map.gif

there's two areas. one is one nelson street near the mcpherson playground. there's a whole area notorious for shoes, real shoes. there's just a crap load of stores.

the other one is the mall i talked about earlier. i don't kno the exact name nor the exact streets. i only know how to get there by walkin around. i THINK its on shantung street between nathan road and sai yeung choi south. the entrance is RIGHT next to nathan road. its just an escalator that goes up. its 5 floors of limited edition dunks, adidases, bapes, etc. prices there are good. just remember to haggle. i took my sneakerhead friend from cali there and she went ape shit in that place.

dunno bout special events in HK. try www.bcmagazine.net to get a feel of whats goin on in the city.

if y'all still can't find the shoe places, just PM me and i'll take you there myself. i ain't got shit to do. lol i'm waitin to hear back from HK immigration if my visa was approved so i can begin working.

you'll be hard pressed to find an outlet place for something like that. luxury goods never have any outlets, that would dilute the brand. and in a place like HK, i don't think people would accept any outlet joints sellin that stuff cuz they'd think it was fake. you're better off buyin a bootleg wallet. lots of good fakes in china. lol

go to Silvercord Plaza @ Silvercord Road, right across the Ocean Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui. Thre is a Converse shop there and you can get all kinds of LE. For vans check out Nelson St in Mong Kok.

Fashion Island with lots of local designers shops is on the street between Sogo and Patterson St (aka Fashion Street) in Causeway Bay

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

so it's just behind sogo? oh i get it....

are there any local shops near the times square or lee gardens area?

do guys wear vans in hk? i thought only girls wear them.

i've never seen guys wear them here in the states....but maybe its different in hk.

i dunno if doods where vans. they're kinda chucks and bape crazy here. but mongkok is THE best place to get kicks.

there aren't many local stores near times square and lee garden. just fancy pants store like gucci and LV. there's a bunch of exterme sports stores around times square.

the best place for local stores are the streets behind sogo. just walk up and down the streets there and look up. you can often see on the 2nd and 3rd floors some cool stores.

try going into random malls 'n stuff. there's a lot all over causeway bay and mongkok. just these tiny little shops the size of your bathroom that carry various styles and stuff. you'll find stuff similar to what you find at those above mentioned stores.

how about the best place for local shops (for guys) in mongkok?

you don't expect me to walk around the whole mongkok right? lol

i heard admirality centre and langham centre are good areas.

ladies market and temple street are good as well.

anywhere else?

Fashion Community Kitterick is one of my favourite Hong Kong labels as well as Shhoop. FCK is all over Hong Kong, with my favourite location in TST - near Double Park. Shhoop - I'm not sure if they still have a location in Causeway Bay, but they also have one in TST, near Double Park across from the Mastermind Productions store. Great local designers.