Lacoste

Not sure how many of you are into Lacoste. I have been slowly getting into the brand over the past year and have some questions about a few items in their stores/catalog.

1. Are the buttondowns worth the money? I saw one that looked nice going for $98, which seems a bit steep (I can get a Ralph Lauren for about $20 less).

2. How often do the colors change? I know Ralph changes the color of the shirts and sometimes the pony logos every year or so. I have four Lacoste polos now and so far I've seen two of the colors on sale for 25% off. (At least logos don't appear to change here).

3. I've heard a lot about fake Lacoste. So far I've bought their products at a Lacoste store, Macy's, and Nordstrom. What other stores carry legit Lacoste and where should I avoid it? Also, how can I spot a fake?

4. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement insert for a Lacoste tennis shoe? Mine are Lacoste Sport, white shoes purchased at Nordstrom last fall for $80 or so. Great sneakers, love the leather on them, but since I've worn them so much I've noticed the insert starting to wear out a bit. They're in good enough shape otherwise that I don't need to replace them.

5. Speaking of which, what is the best way to remove tempera paint (the kind schoolchildren use) from leather sneakers? A kid at church accidentally splashed the slightest bit on my left shoe a few weeks ago while I was walking by (it's on the inside of my foot so nobody can really see it, but I'm vain enough that I want it gone).

1. Yes, Lacoste is very high quality, much better than Ralph Lauren.

2. Some colors are limited edition, if you see a color you like, you should buy it right away!

3. I only buy Lacoste from the Lacoste store. Buying straight from the source is the best.

4. Ask the fine staff at the Lacoste store for a recommendation.

5. Again, the staff at the Lacoste store should know all about caring for and cleaning their products.

1. Yes, Lacoste is very high quality, much better than Ralph Lauren.

2. Some colors are limited edition, if you see a color you like, you should buy it right away!

3. I only buy Lacoste from the Lacoste store. Buying straight from the source is the best.

4. Ask the fine staff at the Lacoste store for a recommendation.

5. Again, the staff at the Lacoste store should know all about caring for and cleaning their products.

don't even know if this is a troll post. a+ either way.

some stuff is nice....

from my experience... polos are shyt, button down shirts are okay...

the vintage made in france stuff is very nice

but the made in peru stuff is just passable, there are much better alternatives for the same price....

i like the classic designs, and some of there contemporary designs are

questionable if not hideous.

definatley doesnt deserve its own thread in my opinion

Thanks for the answers. My apologies if I'm sounding stupid on here, I'm new to the community and honestly just found this place through a search engine, looking for a place to bolster my fashion knowledge. I'm not even sure if I am in the right place for my types of questions/my level of knowledge (admittedly nowhere near any of yours), but I think I'll get the hang of things around here eventually!

I'll look for the vintage stuff, sounds promising.