Jeans for Short-Legged People?

Pennsylvania

This is my first post here, so bear with me.

I have great difficulty finding good jeans because of the length of my legs. In most pants, I wear a length size 28. My waist is a 32, which seems to be another problem--most of the shorter sizes, if they exist, appear to be for fatter people.

The only brand I can find in 32 x 28 is Gap, which works in the waist and length, but I'm not crazy about the rest of the fit--it's too tight in the upper portion of the jeans.

I've never heard of taking jeans to a tailor (which I have to do with many of my pants, not just the ones I can't find in 28s, but also my Bill's Khakis--my favorite brand) so I guess I'm stuck looking for shorter sizes. Unfortunately, I can't find them in Ralph Lauren, True Religion, even Levi's.

Levi's 32 x 30 USED to work for me, but that was ten years ago. I tried a pair on two years later and they were too long. I still have that old pair, which is model number 550, and I like it better than my Gaps, but I'm not sure how many more years I'll get out of that noble old soldier.

If anyone can point me to some 28 length jeans that fit better than Gap's, please let me know. For the record, I am a proud Pennsylvanian (not sure if there are any locals from the area who know of a good source).

Buy whatever jeans you want...then get them hemmed at a tailor. Easy.