I dunno if this shows enough from my murakami day

2256876249_41fe6ee181_o.jpg

thinking of putting it in waywt street (best):

2256868821_398bcb2494.jpg

and lately (over the past month) I've been trying to take pictures with a haiku in mind...

2229856887_e32cf1357c.jpg

midnght I reflect

a way incandescent lit

(and the wet asphalt)/(a lonely sidwalk)??

It's helping me (hopefully) take more pictures where subject and context are important... I hope to take pics someday without need of my accompanying contrived attempts at poetry ;) hope they can stand on their own.

masuerte, need idea about the photos and haikus

new/edited shot for portfolio concentration-

2279125873_36cd9b51f5.jpg

the idea of the concentration is bringing attention to the inherent beauty in the human face by showing it in unnatural angles/proportions/points of vue forcing the observer to pay more attention to the art of the human form thats otherwise usually overlooked (or something along those lines, needs work still)

I don't really know what you mean by this. Can you explain?

dont know the context surrounding this but he was joking.

a digital back is piece of electronics that is put on the back of a camera such as a medium/large format film camera to make it into a digital.

20+ megapixels and 20+ thousand dollars.

pretty much exclusive to studio pros etc.

alright shit, i dont know what the deal is but now that im on my home computer my last photo looks like an over-saturated piece of shit, like day-glo bright ass red so intense its hard to make out all the details now.

is everyone else seeing this? or is it just this monitor im on making it look like shit? i even printed it out big and glossy earlier and it definitely looked worlds better than it does right now..

im buggin'

alright shit, i dont know what the deal is but now that im on my home computer my last photo looks like an over-saturated piece of shit, like day-glo bright ass red so intense its hard to make out all the details now.

is everyone else seeing this? or is it just this monitor im on making it look like shit? i even printed it out big and glossy earlier and it definitely looked worlds better than it does right now..

im buggin'

it doesn't look bad at all. the tear duct is a little blunt on the scale of things compared to how clear the rest of the shot is, but it looks really good.

how many pieces are in the concentration?

it doesn't look bad at all. the tear duct is a little blunt on the scale of things compared to how clear the rest of the shot is, but it looks really good.

how many pieces are in the concentration?

concentration- 12 pieces, breadth- 12 pieces. breadths pretty much done. im way behind on the concentration

looks very saturated to me. You need to get your monitor calibrated i use a lil huey and works wonders for me. Prints are almost always what i see on my screen

yo, thats just the thing though, when i was working on it earlier at school (on two seperate, pretty shitty computers/monitors by the way) it looked good like i wanted it to, and then i printed it out and it looked good, same picture... so thatd lead me to the assumption that the school monitors dont need to be calibrated right? since the same image was printed... but you say yours are calibrated and it sounds like youre seeing it look more like the shitty version im looking at now.. if its my monitor here at home thats fucked i can deal with that but if the ones i edit on are fucked then im fucked..

does the red on my skin just as red/intense/uniform as the red on my tear duct? thats what its looking like to me now, ie- not how its supposed to be

:confused: :confused: :( :confused: :(:mad: :confused:

Thanks for the compliments & rep. The very first pic was from a 3.2mp Canon Powershot, the second was from a D40...a combination of weather & printing out the pics and putting them on a scanner is what created the grainy effect..

I always seem to want to take pictures of reflections, shadows and light on buildings... This past weekend's pictures has convinced me to explore it more... what do you think of it? Can it be a good subject?

2279893245_0e7ef21f6f.jpg

2280683998_e5746347d3.jpg

4th and olive (click picture for full size)

2280828354_eeeb3f0e69.jpg