Freddie,

Shot all those with the Mamiya 7II. Got it about a year ago and since then have shot with next to nothing else. It is a reasonably compact 6x7cm Medium format film camera with a range finder focus, and an 80mm lense. It has a few draw backs, but the image quality, clarity, and negative size, all in something the size and weight of a DSLR make it worth its shortcomings. Great for interiors, landscapes, and environmental portraiture...which makes it pretty ideal for me.

ill play haha first post

plz no hating no formal photography lessons just a simple architecture student :cool:

IMG_1461.jpg

(my own work, kinetic structure,a bridge that can change elevation its about 3ft long and 2 ft high)

IMG_1339-1.jpg

fix1.jpg

Freddie,

Shot all those with the Mamiya 7II. Got it about a year ago and since then have shot with next to nothing else. It is a reasonably compact 6x7cm Medium format film camera with a range finder focus, and an 80mm lense. It has a few draw backs, but the image quality, clarity, and negative size, all in something the size and weight of a DSLR make it worth its shortcomings. Great for interiors, landscapes, and environmental portraiture...which makes it pretty ideal for me.

What do you find are the drawbacks?

Minum focus is about 3.5 feet, which can sometimes be frustrating when shooting portraits. Your eye wants to do something, and the camera just can't. Also, the viewfinder is off by a little bit, which sometimes results in crucial framing screw ups (though it rarely gets to me too much). Finally, they don't make any lenses as far as I remember with an aperture faster than a 4.0 which frustrated me at first cause with 35 I like to shoot slow and wide in lowlight.

All that said, It excells in everything else it is meant for, and I would definately recommend it.

Hell yeah this thing needs to be bumped...good idea.

A final few from my internship which ended a few weeks ago. Off to the Napa Valley Register in a few weeks for the fall.

24pyk93.jpg

24pykr8.jpg

24pyl91.jpg

24pympg.jpg

Hell yeah this thing needs to be bumped...good idea.

A final few from my internship which ended a few weeks ago. Off to the Napa Valley Register in a few weeks for the fall.

24pyk93.jpg

24pykr8.jpg

24pyl91.jpg

24pympg.jpg

Thanks for posting more work Carl.

I wonder why you have resized the images to 2 different sizes though? Noticed you had done something similar on another post.

Shot on digital? Shot 1 looks like film, not sure about the other 3.

Thanks for posting more work Carl.

I wonder why you have resized the images to 2 different sizes though? Noticed you had done something similar on another post.

Shot on digital? Shot 1 looks like film, not sure about the other 3.

All digital (canon 20d).

I think the size has to do with the file size and how it gets re-sized by Tinypic. Im not really sure though, haha.

They are all 6inX4in at a 100dpi so who knows.

All digital (canon 20d).

I think the size has to do with the file size and how it gets re-sized by Tinypic. Im not really sure though, haha.

They are all 6inX4in at a 100dpi so who knows.

There's some nice stuff on that website, but my god navigating through it is a pain in the ass. That's an editors nightmare right there...I guess it gets points for being slick, but I feel like it takes away from the overall impact of the photos.

All this coming from some young whipersnapper who doesn't even have a website...

And Carl Man...you doing the newspaper tour of the country huh...? That's definately the way to go though, and I hope you reap the rewards of all your hard work...I'm off to Alaska to photograph in a couple weeks, and when I touch back down I'll try and get some new shit up on here...

Stay up

There's some nice stuff on that website, but my god navigating through it is a pain in the ass. That's an editors nightmare right there...I guess it gets points for being slick, but I feel like it takes away from the overall impact of the photos.

All this coming from some young whipersnapper who doesn't even have a website...

And Carl Man...you doing the newspaper tour of the country huh...? That's definately the way to go though, and I hope you reap the rewards of all your hard work...I'm off to Alaska to photograph in a couple weeks, and when I touch back down I'll try and get some new shit up on here...

Stay up

Having a low post count doesnt mean anything my friend. You assume too much. I may not be an outstanding photographer, but i do have a website.

here's my portfolio site. www.artbydefault.com

Having a low post count doesnt mean anything my friend. You assume too much. I may not be an outstanding photographer, but i do have a website.

here's my portfolio site. www.artbydefault.com