Super Diet

HOLY

This time last year I had my body in ketosis on the low carb, high fat, high protein diet. It worked quite well as I was able to put on muscle and cut some extra fat. All of my lifts went up as well.

It's not a lifestyle diet and it can be quite tiresome always scheduling your life around your meals.

I don't think SuFu is the best place for dieting information, however there are some talks going on in the Supermeatheads thread.

I also did the keto diet last year and lost about 25 lbs in 3 months. Never been so lean. I agree, though, it's not something you wanna do all year round. I think 3 months is about all I can take. Gonna start it up again next week. Need to drop about 15 lbs to reach my target weight of 170.

I went from 205 to 150.

For the first couple of months, I pretty much went to a whole foods salad bar and got leaves + balsamic dressing + one non-carb heavy item from the deli e.g. crab cake.

Drink a shit load of water. No beer. If you must drink, take shots.

No fruit juice, no gatorade (0 cal powerade is OK), and only diet soda.

For exercise, I did lots of cardio.

I couldn't even run a lap on a track when I first started (4 laps to 1 mi).

No eating within 3 hours before bed time.

I'm pretty skinny now but the skin hasn't totally shrunk to what is supposed to be. Kinda sucks but it does go back if you are young. It takes 2-3 years if not more. Doing resistance work-outs def accelerates the process.

You will most likely experience a "rebound" if you lose a massive amount of weight over a short period of time. Gotta do it fairly slowly so your hypothalamus can readjust the set-point for "healthy" weight.

Cut out desserts (other than fruit salad or something similar), cut out all fried food, consume more lean meats such as chicken or just eat fish and most of all consume as much fiber as possible because it will keep the dreadful hunger pangs away.

Once you get into the swing of things its not really hard to keep it up, but the first two weeks are usually the worst.

If you're lazy just stock up on stimulants and continue your current lifestyle but I can't guarantee this is healthy in the long run.

Oh and I know this because I went from like 145 to 106 when I was a chubby little tot (13 years old).

In theory, if you achieve a net negative energy balance, you will lose weight.

Energy balance = energy in - energy expended

Evidence shows that basal metabolic rate varies very little among people. It's the amount of physical activity that controls the energy expenditure.

Also, try to avoid carbs. It takes far less energy to convert carbs into fat than proteins.

People who were fat but maintain decent BMI after a weight loss

-moderate physical exercise

-avoid fatty food

and etc

If you're lazy just stock up on stimulants and continue your current lifestyle but I can't guarantee this is healthy in the long run.

Like amphetamines?

There's also an over-the-counter FDA approved "weight-loss" drug.

It's xenical / orlistat. It basically prevents fat in food from being absorbed into your body.

It seems pretty useless if your diet contains very little fat. Only good for the fat Americans who have little will power.

I'm on a bulking diet. Consuming about 500 calorie daily surplus. I had some nice beginner gains going from about 118 to 130 in a few weeks with minimal fat gain but I've hit a plateau a bit now. Gonna bump my calories a couple hundred more daily. My macros are currently about 50/30/20 protein carbs fats. Lifting 4-5 days a week and cardio 3 days.

ive dropped 20 pounds from a average size frame in the past 3 years(180lbs down to 160, 5'11'')

the first 10 came off easy with cutting out sugar, milk, processed carbs, eating protein and moderate weight training. the last 10 were a bit harder but i experimented with carb cycling and PMSF dieting.

I still eat like a pig for a couple meals a week and drink a fair amount and still hover around 160. working an active job also helped(bartending/serving).

just find that lyle mcdonald pdf torrent.

Just eat good, real food and don't go to restaurants often.

Vegetables, good protein, grains, legumes, fruit. Avoid white bread and processed shit.

And work out (don't ignore weight training).

I weighed about 195-200lbs my senior year of high school. Now about 140 about to graduate from college. The loss has come in some spurts, but has mostly been gradual. Also stronger than I used to be. I'm 5'11 or so, so I could stand to put on some weight if I decide I want to (I definitely have a frame that isn't meant to be skinny).

i need to go on a diet... im not getting fat but as you can see in the "what are you eating today" thread i got to start cutting those foods out... i dont eat like that for every meal...

my first step is cutting out soda and french fries. i love sandwiches so i gunna lean more towards that now. i workout everyday but im sure i would look way better if i didnt eat all that stuff.

anyone taking diet pills or blah blah blah for energy?

key food to make you full/decrease caloric intake =

Celery.

I'm on week 3 of my diet. So far with 3 days/week of weight training i've lost 5 pounds countered by small incrase in muscle mass.

Celery is great cause is empty calories, and the fiber in it makes you full. I usually eat it for lunch and dinner. Sometimes adding a bit of peanut butter for taste.

This is my staple diet , is been working out great, although is not the most healthy, it has still decreased my total caloric intake and has given me enough protein per day..

Breakfast= oatmeal with skim milk and blueberries + black coffee

Snack = banana, water, fruit mix

Lunch = chicken or steak, with mustard and celery (either raw or boiled) and random vegetable of the day

Snack 2= dark chocolate granola bar (yes is not the best, but gotta get some sugar and tasty thing in my body eh)

Pre-workout = microwave spaghetti (either though is higher in calories, one box contains 12g of protein) and a glass of milk.

Post workout= 2 egg white + half a piece of bread

Dinner= steak/chicken/fish, celery and a glass of wine or water

i need to go on a diet... im not getting fat but as you can see in the "what are you eating today" thread i got to start cutting those foods out... i dont eat like that for every meal...

my first step is cutting out soda and french fries. i love sandwiches so i gunna lean more towards that now. i workout everyday but im sure i would look way better if i didnt eat all that stuff.

anyone taking diet pills or blah blah blah for energy?

I'd avoid diet pills 100%. if your not fat, it is easy to lost weight just by removing high carb /sugar food = sandwiches, soda, candy.

if you live by urself, just go to the grocery store and limit yourself to vege/fruits and simple foods in your fridge. that way you cant have the temptation to grab a soda or a beer etc.

i used to be sick into dieting like wooooohooooo. now not so much. Pretty much Green Vegetables are your best friend, eat a shit load of those and then also whole grains. Add lean protein sources, a good amount of healthy fats and oils (u cant cut out fat completely its not good for you!!!!) and some natural fruit sugar and youll be all good. lay off all sweets and fried foods that includes drinks. Beware of condiments,and get used to eating oatmeal for breakfast w/ a protein shake. PM me or leave sum Q's.... HOlla!

if your just trying to cut weight a clean diet and cardio will do the trick.. but if your trying to lose weight but retain/gain some muscle at the same time you have to do weight lifting with cardio... protein important in weight loss and muscle retention usually after workout i drink a whey/casein protein blend fills you up cause casein digest slow in your body keeps you from trying to snack late at night

if you want a more detail way to lose weight use this as reference http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=401681611#post401681611

Do what I do...only eat seafood and wholegrains/VEG/Fruits. No meat of any kind. No Fast Food. No soda. No Processed foods. I do have a fat day to myself though. Every sunday is Taco day (Cactus or Fish tacos of course).

Do what I do...only eat seafood and wholegrains/VEG/Fruits. No meat of any kind. No Fast Food. No soda. No Processed foods. I do have a fat day to myself though. Every sunday is Taco day (Cactus or Fish tacos of course).

i think is best to restrict seafood to 2 a week. Lots of fish especially salmon contain traces of mercury. so eating it straight up daily ain't the best idea IMO.

i usually go to costco, they got these big ass serlion steaks for under 2 dollars a portion, and i just freeze it up into 10 meals.

+ i always boil 5 eggs at night, so in the morning and for snack i can grab and go

i think is best to restrict seafood to 2 a week. Lots of fish especially salmon contain traces of mercury. so eating it straight up daily ain't the best idea IMO.

"i usually go to costco, they got these big ass serlion steaks for under 2 dollars a portion, and i just freeze it up into 10 meals".

+ i always boil 5 eggs at night, so in the morning and for snack i can grab and go

I'll roll the dice on my mercury infested seafood. Its much much better than eating american beef. You should know red meat ages you significantly over time. "i usually go to costco, they got these big ass serlion steaks for under 2 dollars a portion, and i just freeze it up into 10 meals". Think about it, Why is it so cheap? That cow most likly came from some factory and its genetics is made up of steroids and hormones. Look in the hospitals, all you see is folks ages 60+ having all sorts of different type of stomach-colon cancers/Alzheimer's etc. This subject is too much to get into but there is a direct link.

ps: lay off the boiled eggs

So, i think ill start some kind of a diet after the week end (lol), i think ill be going with chicken, veggies cooked or fresh , all bunch of water, avoiding shit and some more thangs.

Must spread before repping y'all.

keep this thread alive for futurechubsters.

I'll roll the dice on my mercury infested seafood. Its much much better than eating american beef. You should know red meat ages you significantly over time. "i usually go to costco, they got these big ass serlion steaks for under 2 dollars a portion, and i just freeze it up into 10 meals". Think about it, Why is it so cheap? That cow most likly came from some factory and its genetics is made up of steroids and hormones. Look in the hospitals, all you see is folks ages 60+ having all sorts of different type of stomach-colon cancers/Alzheimer's etc. This subject is too much to get into but there is a direct link.

ps: lay off the boiled eggs

discounting "american beef" altogether is a bit of an overstep.

iI's not too hard to find responsibly raised beef, pork, and chicken if you live in a decently sized city. And in moderation they aren't going to have a real negative effect on your health, probably.

Environmentally speaking, you probably do more damage by consuming so much fish unless you are extremely careful about what you buy.

HOLY

, you probs got some shitty junk food clogging you up, and you're full of shit.

kop organic veggies

kop juicer

kop dr schulze's cleanse

juice vegetables

drink dat juice

"juice fasting"

cleanse

I quit eating most meat and most dairy and in the last 6 months lost almost 50 pounds. I only rarely have fish or seafood, like once a month. However, you can't replace the meat with junk or high carbs , replace it with fruits and vegetables.

gd bump thanks for the protip

how's first day of superdiet going HOLY?

Pretty well i guess (although i had to finish some ben and jerry's newyork superfudgcunck lol so i wont be tempted)

had 2 whole grain toasts with thini, eggs and chicken pastrami for breakfast, some bolognese for dinner and one beer later with friends.

• 6 months later...