petition for politics, current events discussion space on superfuture

since minya doesnt want us to talk about anything not related to his jeans on here, im wondering who supports the creation of a section for discussing politics, current events, and the like. i feel that this community has the intellegence and self control to keep it civil and interesting, even enlighening, so why should we have to keep it to ourselves? anyone who is with me here just post and show them the desire to have it.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

Quote: i feel that this community has the intellegence and self control to keep it civil and interesting

I highly doubt that.

Let's see what others have to say. I don't think a new board would get much traffic. SF keeps people focused on the general topic of fashion. When you branch out to cover every bullshit opinion people have, the result won't be pretty. At least that's what I think would happen. I like visiting other sites for politics and current events.

• 1 year later...
since minya doesnt want us to talk about anything not related to his jeans on here, im wondering who supports the creation of a section for discussing politics, current events, and the like. i feel that this community has the intellegence and self control to keep it civil and interesting, even enlighening, so why should we have to keep it to ourselves? anyone who is with me here just post and show them the desire to have it.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

Is this a 1st of April joke again;)

dont think its wise to allow the topic of politics to be discussed on Internet forums

mainly due to the fact that too many people post without thinking for 2 seconds before they press the Post Quick Reply button.

i support the supertrash argument. this place is for everything else right ? with hardly any moderation. so why not politics.

I mean it could be a nice, open discussion about politics. we can leave out/moderate pointless discussion about preference, but talk about pragmatic issues.

basicly like we do with denim, people have different tastes and every discussion about baggy/tight , sagging/ballcrushing always derails but that doesnt mean we can talk about slubby, selvage, indigo, fit, you know. just as we enlighten ourselves on denim, we can englighten ourselves on our different viewpoints to become more complete human beings!!

i support the supertrash argument. this place is for everything else right ? with hardly any moderation. so why not politics.

I mean it could be a nice, open discussion about politics. we can leave out/moderate pointless discussion about preference, but talk about pragmatic issues.

basicly like we do with denim, people have different tastes and every discussion about baggy/tight , sagging/ballcrushing always derails but that doesnt mean we can talk about slubby, selvage, indigo, fit, you know. just as we enlighten ourselves on denim, we can englighten ourselves on our different viewpoints to become more complete human beings!!

lol, checked the date but still think we live in 2006.

threads one year ago seemed more intresting then nowadays

I dont think its a great idea, its easy for people to understand each others veiws about fit, sagging or whatever. Politics and anything of that sort is much more .... "poly"faceted and I cant imagine it translating very well onto the linea message board which is probably why it ends up as a simple flamefest of -

"your wrong"

"no. your wrong"

etc

etc

also people tend to appreciate others opinions on denim or shoes more readily than others opinions about politics, I dont really care about your politics, but i do care about your opinions/ info of products I can buy.

thumbs down from me.