Hoody too big, tips on shrinking it down to fit

homi29

So i managed to get one of the hundreds paisley hoodies, but its a bit big for me.

i bought a Large , thinking they'd be more fitted. I need to shrink it down to about what a medium is like, most of the problem is w/ the length of it.

anyone have wash / dry instructions so ill be able to shrink it perfectly? Thanks guys

Dont warm water wash yours and then throw it in the tryer. I did that to mine and it came out with a wiggly zipper.

Anyone know how to get rid of my wiggly zipper?

For Sale [shoes]:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=10246

For Sale [Apparel]:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=10247

these questions are so stupid.

first of all i think its funny you thought hundreds would make they're ugly hoodie fitted. have you seen how those dudes dress?

second, just shrink the thing. hot water/dryer.

third, 'wiggly zipper', are you an idiot? its wiggly because you shrank it and there too much zipper, so clearly the only way to fix this is to have you mom put a new zipper on it.

you dudes have no common sense, just throw that thing out its disgusting anyway.

and while to some it may be common sense, theres a right way to do things, just look @ the complicated details ppl mention when washing their selvedge..

i usually wash in cold water, so i dont experience the wiggly zipper at all

aren't those things in decent demand right now? If I were you, I'd sell the large and just try to buy a medium off someone else. If you try to shrink it too much it might become misshapen, or have the aformentioned zipper problem,

say zipper and hoodie are 28 inches long right now (random number) If you wash the hoodie on hot and dry hot, the fabric will probably shrink, but the metal/plastic zipper will not. You would then have a couple extra inches of zipper compared to fabric, and the only place it has to go is outwards.

I know they might be selling for more than the original retail right now, but you could probably get the going price on your large and then just use that cash to get a medium.

yeah good point

currently im trying to do a local trade, so any toronto cats need a L in exchange for a white medium, get at me.

anyway, ill give it a few more days, but its good knowledge to have in general. Its so frustrating when u cant get ur perfect size

Quote:

these questions are so stupid.

first of all i think its funny you thought hundreds would make they're ugly hoodie fitted. have you seen how those dudes dress?

second, just shrink the thing. hot water/dryer.

third, 'wiggly zipper', are you an idiot? its wiggly because you shrank it and there too much zipper, so clearly the only way to fix this is to have you mom put a new zipper on it.

you dudes have no common sense, just throw that thing out its disgusting anyway.

--- Original message by jasonm on Mar 31, 2006 12:54 PM

+1