what are you reading today?

almondcrush

• 2 weeks later...

Bruised kindly lent me Neuromancer by William Gibson four weeks ago, which I proceeded to read in an evening and change. Since then I have read in this order:

Zero History

Spook Country

Count Zero

Mona Lisa Overdrive

Pattern Recognition

Burning Chrome

Distrust that Particular Flavor

Idoru

Virtual Light

Tomorrow, I get to see Mr. Gibson in person and pick up a copy of The Peripheral. He's doing a book tour, but I suspect any of his fans on here would already know that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1kJaITs.jpg

The Martian Chronicles is an incredible statement about humanity and a testament to both the imagination and cynicism/realism of Ray Bradbury. Certainly my favorite book in recent memory. I read it right before I read Isaac Asimov's I, Robot which ended up being problematic, because this is also exceptional. I highly recommend both, especially if you are interested in space exploration, psychology, and/or robotics.

lc6LsfX.jpg

Boy growing up at a New England boarding school with his best friend under the shadow of World War II, and the story of an ambulance driver in World War 1. These books made an interesting counterpoint to each other as they were historically and stylistically opposed.

rWIeM6i.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed this, and wish I had been forced to read this one in a classroom setting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...