Fanny packs, waist bags, hip sacks.

no prob, bro. cause i didn't really get how you're using "rocking" here and the point of the 2nd statement.

Just because you can pull off an outfit that incorporates a shitty accessory that detracts from the outfit doesn't mean that accessory is any less shitty. Just because someone can look good while wearing a fanny pack doesn't mean the fannypack doesn't mean the fanny pack "works". If you were really pulling something off well then you'd be looking at an outfit actively improved by something rather than the fit being decent enough to let people overlook the fact that you're wearing what was probably the biggest abortion of fashion since the helicopter beanie.

Edited by Igneousity

It's not rocking an accessory if the fit would actually be improved by getting rid of it. Just because the fit with it isn't terrible doesn't mean every part of the fit is good.

it's a pretty poor example of the accessory in question, though it's worth noting that the entire ensemble does look terrible to me like most of what i've seen him wearing

YAi1YIi.png

LkkjUCY.png

i think it would benefit from more modest branding, but i really like the shape of the bag itself

Just because you can pull off an outfit that incorporates a shitty accessory that detracts from the outfit doesn't mean that accessory is any less shitty. Just because someone can look good while wearing a fanny pack doesn't mean the fannypack doesn't mean the fanny pack "works". If you were really pulling something off well then you'd be looking at an outfit actively improved by something rather than the fit being decent enough to let people overlook the fact that you're wearing what was probably the biggest abortion of fashion since the helicopter beanie.

wait sorry if my english aint good, but if one pulls off an outfit and the accessory in question is part of it, why would it detract?

s ur basically sayin that a fanny or waist pack/bag must always compliment every single fit.  yeah thats the goal, but if  it does not detract, i don't see any major probs.  maybe they're used for utilitarian purposes.  maybe some people h8 using their pockets, prefer their sizing 2 that of a murse or a backpack, etc

Edited by SSchadenfreude

^haha u did, but i'll allow it.

Fuck I must be trippin' rght now I straight up did not see it when I scrolled thru thread 5 minutes ago

your attitude seems mad narrow/close-minded, man.  Having some sorta visual noise around the hip is just nice (a la Bruised waywt/bum-flaps/shit I posted last page) & maybe u can wear the accessory across the chest (def. condone this styling option).

I mean hell after UC shield belt was posted I imagine u could straight up wear it at the waist as some sorta tech-ass toolbelt shit.  

wait sorry if my english aint good, but if one pulls off an outfit and the accessory in question is part of it, why would it detract?

s ur basically sayin that a fanny or waist pack/bag must always compliment every single fit.  yeah thats the goal, but if  it does not detract, i don't see any major probs.  maybe they're used for utilitarian purposes.  maybe some people h8 using their pockets, prefer their sizing 2 that of a murse or a backpack, etc

Ever seen a fit that looks good overall but you're unsure about a part of? Just because something is in an outfit that overall works doesn't mean it's contributing positively to the outfit.

I'm saying that a fanny/waist pack literally never compliments an outfit.

also is "rocking" supposed to have positive connotations?  if so i did not know that.  guy with a bad fit can't be "rocking" wack shit?

I'd associate rocking as a positive thing exclusively, we all have our own dialectical quirks. I wouldn't use "cop" as a verb with a gun to my head but it doesn't mean I look down on those who do.

your attitude seems mad narrow/close-minded, man.  Having some sorta visual noise around the hip is just nice (a la Bruised waywt/bum-flaps/shit I posted last page) & maybe u can wear the accessory across the chest (def. condone this styling option).

I mean hell after UC shield belt was posted I imagine u could straight up wear it at the waist as some sorta tech-ass toolbelt shit.

I'm open to having by mind changed but it'd take seeing a fannypack that doesn't make me think of power-walking suburban housewives in the mid-90s. They're fedoras for your waist.

Ever seen a fit that looks good overall but you're unsure about a part of? Just because something is in an outfit that overall works doesn't mean it's contributing positively to the outfit.

I'm saying that a fanny/waist pack literally never compliments an outfit.

I'd associate rocking as a positive thing exclusively, we all have our own dialectical quirks. I wouldn't use "cop" as a verb with a gun to my head but it doesn't mean I look down on those who do.

I'm open to having by mind changed but it'd take seeing a fannypack that doesn't make me think of power-walking suburban housewives in the mid-90s. They're fedoras for your waist.

i'm personally never unsure unless the fit or item is visually impaired.  however i am sometimes indifferent.  just because something does not contribute positively doesn't mean it's automatically negatively affecting a fit/etc.  

i think that you're just biased against these sort of accessories.  that's fine  tbh i don't really care.  you don't have to participate in this thread, NOR is it anyone else's duty to find you a fit incorporating shit that might look fine to you.  it's nobody's job or pleasure to change yr mind.  

thank your for your clarification of "rocking"  i now see that yr usage of it is much like your views on the accessories in this thread.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

If people never said that they didn't like something then SF would be a bunch of poorly dressed people circlejerking.

umm...SF stands for styleforum.

you don't have to like something. i'm all for hate, but yr hate just seems 2 be ignorant /prejudiced (igna-h8).

or rather it is just biased.  plus yr opinion (i'm sorry 2 say) holds little weight.  

i don't know u.   you have not established the necessary credibility here for those almost sort of blanket statements/opinions to merit any respect.  too actually stimulate any really meaningful discourse. this conversation is whatever. 

ur just some random number on this site who doesn't like the subject matter of this thread, yet for whatever reason decides to say so in so many words in the thread. i fail to see the point of it.

i don't particularly care for alota the threads or subject matter in the denim forum, but i really see no point nor do i even bother posting in there.  i don't like that forum, but i have an understanding of their fetish & am able 2 tolerate what they are trying to do.  

Edited by SSchadenfreude

"other than the thongs?"  you obviously emulating what seenmy had said about this snap/fit.

anyway what is this mystery fannypack?  it don't look bad, but it don't look that great either.

I don't think most people (At least on here) really like thongs/flip-flops/whatever you want to call it, so it seems like a common complaint, but whatever

I think it might be Patagonia. 

I don't think most people (At least on here) really like thongs/flip-flops/whatever you want to call it, so it seems like a common complaint, but whatever

I think it might be Patagonia.

Flip flops are Patagonia. I don't think the pack is. Able 2 make out G-E-A...

Is that the overall consensus here? Most don't like flip flop thong shits? Y?

Edited by SSchadenfreude

^ Kinda off topic but I don't really like thong/flipflops because they're not as comfortable as conventional strap sandals. Also you look like some corny tourist if you try to wear them with socks. 

^ Kinda off topic but I don't really like thong/flipflops because they're not as comfortable as conventional strap sandals. Also you look like some corny tourist if you try to wear them with socks. 

Same, I much prefer a normal sandal that actually holds my foot. Also hate the sound. And they're worn religiously by every bogan in all of Australia.

Same, I much prefer a normal sandal that actually holds my foot. Also hate the sound. And they're worn religiously by every bogan in all of Australia.

aesthetically i do like straps better.  thongs flip flops on the other hand are just some shit i'll wear when doing shit like going to the pool or sauna.  as far as the soloist's fit goes, was he even trying to stunt? i don't think he even cares/ed.  while i do think other footwear woulda been better for his fit, i don't dislike what he's wearing (in the fit-pic).  mainly because he just looks so nonchalant like he just don't give a fuck.

came back from a 3 week, 5 city euro trip and realized how having a fanny pack could've saved me so many fucking headaches. was jumping around 8 flights and almost lost my passport repeatedly through a variety of misadventures. this one time in barcelona i woke up groggy at the airport after a long bus ride and was dying for a cig; so i got out mad quick to light up and after a few drags i realized "o shit my baggage still in that bus and there it goes bye bye. lolz".

anyway so now i pre-ordered this lanvin junt:

AM2MCS2VPPC8A-black-1.jpg

AM2MCS2VPPC8A-black-2.jpg

kinda meh but i wanted something minimal anyway. detachable compartment is useful though.

at times i like wearing a suit so i intend to wear it like a cummerbund in those specific instances. otherwise i'd try it as a holster under a blazer or coat or w/e. we'll see.

tbh i cant even see myself using this for anything else outside of travelling. would not bring around everyday since i drive more than i walk. also i dont like holding a lot of shit on me. my edc consists of a pack of davidoffs, then wallet, phone and keys.

Edited by deafmetal