4 replies to this topic

#1 the owl

the owl

semibored

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • joined 12 october 04

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

does anyone have any tips/places/swindles for cheap international airfare? just thought i'd check to see if anyone had come up with anything i haven't...
knocking out your gold fronts.

#2 Kasper

Kasper

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,838 posts
  • joined 09 january 06

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:44 AM

where are you from? i usually buy tickets either from the internet or from agencies in Chinatown. i'm from Montreal and the agencies in Chinatown usually have the cheapest price (especially if you go to Asia). i'd give you more, but since i don't know where you're from, it might be useless.

#3 the owl

the owl

semibored

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • joined 12 october 04

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:04 PM

i'm in the states.
knocking out your gold fronts.

#4 englandmj7

englandmj7

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,817 posts
  • joined 28 july 05

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

^^ I am an avid international traveler and I have found that the best thing to do is first use

http://www.mobissimo.com

Alot of people don't know about this site; it searches every airfare search engine (Cheaptickets, Travelocity, Expedia, etc.) and also airlines personal sites (singaporeair.com, ba.com, etc.). If it finds you something ridiculously cheap, which will most often be on an airline's own site, keep the page open, but also go to the actual site yourself and check. Travel agents are retarded and unless you are getting car/hotel/etc. you will NEVER get a better deal (obviously they have to make their commission). Let me know what country you plan on visiting and I will let you know the best way to look/best airlines to go there. I just booke a ticket from LA to Japan for next month for $500.

images/icon_smile.gif

#5 zimzima911

zimzima911

superbored

• Pip
  • 358 posts
  • joined 16 september 05

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

I frequenty go from the east coast (USA) to Europe...any suggestions?