London - Your Top 5

unmetro

searched the forum, but only found two relevant threads...

know about any hidden shops/boutiques, ones that are off the main road and carry menswear? kinda like atelier in NY (hopefully without the price...hehe)...just want to make sure I don't miss anything....

search for hideout and bond and a heap of threads come up

those list the more streetwear types shops - if that's what you are into

that's what i am into so can't really help you on anything higher end, still, pretty sure they will be on the sf map

if you walk down newburgh street, beak street and upper james street that will be a good start ...

have fun dude

try foot-patrol in st annes court

size? - they are in carnaby street and neal street

glorias - off brick lane

slammin kicks in beak street

and maybe even foot locker - sometimes have some uk exclusives

meteor in bethnal green may also be worth a look

the latest issue of sneaker freaker has a good guide, would be worth picking up

So that'd be Bread and honey, then.

www.mytrainers.comwas always great for sneakers when they where in Covent Garden, but they dropped off the radar when they moved back to Brixton which is unfortunate.

Likewise Microzine (www.microzine.co.uk ) was great when they where based in Islington, but they moved central and I haven't made it over there yet (things get hectic when you work for yourself)

But my favourite retail space since Vexed started trading out of their studio is Dover Street Market, on, erm, Dover street.http://doverstreetmarket.com/

Other than that, I'm not a tourist so I don't know what to look at, the best department store is Liberty, and there's too many bars and restaurants to mention.

Based on the SuperFuture review, I checked the Paul Smith sale shop http://superfuture.com/city/reviews/review.cfm?id=1119〈=EN last summer and it was well worth it. The guy working there was super helpful, good selection, good prices (even though the Brit pound doesn't show a lot of love to the CDN $ - don't forget that VAT exemption when you leave)

It's down a little side alley, open to foot traffic only, I got in the general vicinity and then asked another store for directions. Anyway, worth a look if you like Paul Smith...