16 replies to this topic

#1 superglam

superglam

bored

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • joined 17 october 05

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

I'm going to Tokyo next week and I need a few tips of good clubs and parties. Rock and roll and electro are welcome.

Someone to hang out with would be nice too!

#2 snapshot

snapshot

bored

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • joined 24 september 05

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

too bad you're not getting more respones... I'm not in the know but if you are bored, you can always check Lexington in Roppongi. Its cheesy, but if you're a baller you can pull models and they will know what's up. If not on the weekends its easy to meet cute Japanese chicks there.

#3 andreas

andreas

supertravel supereditor

• Pip
  • 155 posts
  • joined 21 october 03
  • style:old skool
  • denim:size 30

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:49 AM

Check this site:

http://www.ciajapan.com

#4 johninger

johninger

superbored

• Pip
  • 404 posts
  • joined 19 september 05

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:12 AM

i would but im scheduled to be out of the country sorry...
I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

#5 BKNY

BKNY

semibored

• Pip
  • 150 posts
  • joined 29 june 04

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

i am having at a big halloween party.
chillmaticone@yahoo.com
for details
Life...I wonder...will it take me under?

#6 superglam

superglam

bored

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • joined 17 october 05

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

Seems like Tokyo have a night problem. So much to do in the daylight, but nothing at night!
I was expecting a lot of options but I found only one that looks really HOT: VANITY http://www.vanity.to . Is anyone know? Want more of it!

#7 djrajio

djrajio

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  • joined 03 april 05
  • talents:wearing ugly sweaters

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

No bra. There are tons of clubs, bars, etc in Tokyo. The trick is finding the ones that are real and the ones that cater to tourists and the unknowledgeable. It's just like NYC.

Also probably a perverse lack of self-confidence that causes me to overcompensate by exceling in other aspects of my life and boasting about sexual/monetary exploits (or lack thereof) on a fashion board viewed by thousands of anonymous users to make me feel better.

#8 BKNY

BKNY

semibored

• Pip
  • 150 posts
  • joined 29 june 04

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

http://www.samaritanstudios.com/
Life...I wonder...will it take me under?

#9 sugarboots

sugarboots

semibored

• Pip
  • 169 posts
  • joined 04 december 03

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:58 AM

i like unit in daikanyama...
www.sugarboots.com

#10 iamsam0913

iamsam0913

bored

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • joined 24 october 05

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:37 AM

www.clubpure.com

http://www.harlem.co...dex.php?Lang=ja

roppongi is a party area for foreigners, so you'll definitely find something there.

have a good trip =o)

#11 sugarboots

sugarboots

semibored

• Pip
  • 169 posts
  • joined 04 december 03

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:35 PM

i think it was last year that harlem stopped letting foreigners in without a japanese person with them. i'm not sure if this is still going on as i heard the club has gone downhill since then.
www.sugarboots.com

#12 djrajio

djrajio

postwhore

• 6,349 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

No. The incident was several years ago. Basically a bunch of US Marines from Yokosuka Chou got really drunk and torn down the entire place and Harlem had to close down for several months. And yes, you aren't allowed in Harlem as a foreigner without a Japanese accompanying you. This is actually good however, since the majority of the people that go there are really into hip-hop and it gives it a good vibe, without the sketchy foreigner "looking to hook-up" vibe of Roppongi. Hands down Harlem is still the best club for hip-hop in Tokyo. I believe DJ Masterkey DJ Hazime still have residency there. I don't recommend Pure at all, although its all you can drink. The Shibuya club is a really small and all Top 40 garbage. Mostly Japanese girls looking to hook-up with foreign guys and vise-versa. But if you're into that, then by all means. I recommend Womb, Air, Club Asia, Nuevos as well.

Also probably a perverse lack of self-confidence that causes me to overcompensate by exceling in other aspects of my life and boasting about sexual/monetary exploits (or lack thereof) on a fashion board viewed by thousands of anonymous users to make me feel better.

#13 sugarboots

sugarboots

semibored

• Pip
  • 169 posts
  • joined 04 december 03

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

ah wow - a few years ago! damn, time does fly. crazy that they still have that rule....
the few times i went there was a year or two ago and the music was total top 40....Air seems to have some great hip hop events like PB Wolf, shadow, madlib, etc.
www.sugarboots.com

#14 j zombie

j zombie

bored

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • joined 11 april 05

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

Where are the best underground hip hop / broken beat clubs? I'm gonna be staying in Roppongi from 15th November, but I can still change where I'm staying. I'd preferably like to stay at a hotel in the same area as the best underground club spots. I'm beginning to get the impression that Roppongi is just full of mainstream cheesy clubs for tourists... that's not what I'm looking for, so I might have to change my location depending on what advice I get from this message board.
Edited by j zombie on Nov 9, 2005 at 06:49 PM

#15 urban sprawl

urban sprawl

semibored

• Pip
  • 127 posts
  • joined 24 march 05

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

hey guys,
i will be in tokyo, okayama etc next week. someone wanna hang?
hit me.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • joined --

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:34 AM

Wow. Broken beat. I love group like Bugz in the Attic, etc. But here in Tokyo, there isn't a scene for that (that I know of). Underground hip-hop:

Club Nuts - Shibuya
Bed - Ikebukuro
Ruins 23 - Shinjuku
Club Citta - Kawasaki
Matrix - Yokohama
Logos - Yokohama

Club Asia and Nuevos in Shibuya occassionally host home-grown acts as well, but not as regularly on Friday/Saturday nights.

These clubs regularly have underground DJ battles and dance crew battles. As well as home grown acts, groups that perform regularly.

Roppongi does suck. If I didn't have to work here, I'd live in Naka-Meguro/Daikanyama/Omotesando. The clubs are really cheesy, especially Lexington Queen and Gas Panic and bars like Muse and Heartland. Bleh~... Only mid-life crisis foreigners and Christmas-cake women frequent those areas.

But don't worry, Roppongi is nicely centered in the middle of everything, so you won't have to commute far. But I'd recommend you head to Yokohama if you have the chance!

#17 djrajio

djrajio

postwhore

• 6,349 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:35 AM

Wow. Broken beat. I love group like Bugz in the Attic, etc. But here in Tokyo, there isn't a scene for that (that I know of). Underground hip-hop:

Club Nuts - Shibuya
Bed - Ikebukuro
Ruins 23 - Shinjuku
Club Citta - Kawasaki
Matrix - Yokohama
Logos - Yokohama

Club Asia and Nuevos in Shibuya occassionally host home-grown acts as well, but not as regularly on Friday/Saturday nights.

These clubs regularly have underground DJ battles and dance crew battles. As well as home grown acts, groups that perform regularly.

Roppongi does suck. If I didn't have to work here, I'd live in Naka-Meguro/Daikanyama/Omotesando. The clubs are really cheesy, especially Lexington Queen and Gas Panic and bars like Muse and Heartland. Bleh~... Only mid-life crisis foreigners and Christmas-cake women frequent those areas.

But don't worry, Roppongi is nicely centered in the middle of everything, so you won't have to commute far. But I'd recommend you head to Yokohama if you have the chance!