Paris in a week...

jubei

i've been to paris for a week 2 months ago:) great city:)

sightseeing:

eiffel tower of course, very good view from the top:)

louvre is a must see of course, only difficult to see mona lisa cause of all the japanese tourists :P and it's nothing that special....

jardin de tuileries, is great for just hanging out when it's nice weather:)

arc de triomphe is great to:) u also get a nice few when u're on top

shopping:

haven't been to much stores, due to lack of time:(

champs-elysee is fun, but a bit dissapointing in my opinion, but that's probaly cause everyone tells u it's so good that u're expectations are to high, hugo boss store was great though. and just look up some stores on this site

dining:

super expensive, but great, look for smaller restaurants that don't look extremely good etc. u usually get better food

have fun!!!

''Don't be afraid to do stupid things, cause íf things wouldn't be stupid, everyone would be doing those things ''.

definitely check out Marais! and Pompidou Centre... I skipped the Eiffel Tower when I was there...

here's the cut-and-paste of what I sent to my lil sister, if this helps.

>>>

Hi lil sister!

here’s the short list of paris!

Latin Quarter/st. Germain (area)

BON MARCHE- Corner of Boulevard Raspail and Rue De Sevres

Excellent food items and deli. Cute clothing on the upper floor. I got a lot of souvenirs here.

There’s a great children’s book store on the Rue de Sevres. Go straight toward from the bon marche to the st germain and it’s on the right (south) side of the street.

R.de Grenelle, R.De Saints-Peres, and R.du Cherche-Midi are all areat for girly shoes shopping.

R.du four to R. du Buci to St-Andre-Des-Arts are a great little walk, with stores and chocoletiers and bressaries.

R. du Dauphine is cool, too.

Ile Saint-Louis is cute, especially from the Notre-Dame to R.de Deux-Ponts on the r. St-Louis.

For the best view around this area, go up to the rooftop on the Somlintemps (spell?) by the Pont Neuf.

You can go up to the top floor by elevator, and go up the stairs to get to the rooftop. It’s free.

RESTAURANT:

There’s one cute restaurant on the Rue de Saine, right north of Bd. St-Germain. It’s on the east side of the street... I’ll send it to you as soon as I remember the name. It has a beautiful chandellier and a cute bathroom, and the people there were super nice!

BAR:

Marche on r.du Buci is super fun. There are many cute places around there...

Since the direct train line from/to the airport stops at the St.Michel, it’s convenent to stay around the St. Germain.

Opera/Louvre (area)

SHOPPING:

Lafayette is the BEST department store. Also check out the food building and mason building. You can also ask for free gift wraps during the christmas season...

Printemps has a great window display. Their selection is nice too...

Habitat - Bd. De la Madeleine

Conran Shop - Bd. Des Capucines

BAR:

Budda Bar – 8 rue Boissy d’Anglas (you can also eat here)

Le Marais/Bastille (area)

There are just too many places to note in this area. Just walk around to check out all the cute places...

R. Des Francs-Bourgeois from r. Vieille-du-temple to R.de turenne is my favorite. R. des Rosiers is nice, too.

RESTAURANTS:

L'Enotecha - corner of rue St. Paul and rue Charles V

This one was super good! very nice wine list, but the wines are all pretty pricey and bottle-only, so I recommend going with someone else. Definitely need reservations.

Chez Janou – 2. Rue Roger-Verlomme (tel: 01.42.72.2841)

It’s pretty hard to find, so make sure you know where it is before making reservation... When I was there, they didn’t speak English. The restaurant staff might be chilly at first, but if you’re trying to speak French, they will warm up to you. We made a few nice friends. Very homey environment.

BAR:

L’an Vert Du Décor- 32, rue de la Roquette

Little bar in Bastille, a convenient place to wait for friend or people watch.

I liked their tea, too.

safe traveling!

*fumi

*fumi

• 3 weeks later...

Just go in Rue St-Honoré there is Colette of course but also Starcow nice sneakers shop D&G and so many japanese restaurants. U should go in Le Marais too just walk around and you ll find so many thing but dont forget Rue du Roi de Sicile i think it's the best street in Le marais. Go in the Avenue Montaigne next to the Champs-Elysées this is huge. If u want to party check Le Baron, Le ParisParis, Le Studio, Le Triptyque and Le Rex Club if you want to have a drink go to the Andy Whaloo next to the subway Arts et Métiers. Enjoy iticon_smile_wink.gif