Best Airlines, for business class

yes, SA is the best!

I usually fly united, but everytime i get to fly SA (united has no 'redeye' US to CHINA flights)

i rejoice. They have better decor than the dreary gray and blue united planes.

Also, the service is very good and the planes are very high tech!

The laptop EMPOWER does not require an adaptor and you can just plug in your charger ~

its very nice. Also, the food is at least 5x times better than united.

The only thing that wasn't better than UA for me was the lounge, but what does that matter with all it's other redeeming qualities?

SIA is the best by far.....food prepared by international top chefs, they serve Dom Perignon champagne..movie on demand and space bed....and of course Singapore Girl...best uniform on the planet...

Cathay Biz class also very good but SIA much better...

Asian airlines usually have the best business class..service is quintessential....

Quote:

SIA is the best by far.....food prepared by international top chefs, they serve Dom Perignon champagne..movie on demand and space bed....and of course Singapore Girl...best uniform on the planet...

Cathay Biz class also very good but SIA much better...

Asian airlines usually have the best business class..service is quintessential....

--- Original message by bam93270 on Jun 23, 2004 12:53 AM

quite right, it's a toss between the two for me. i always prefer to fly either cathay or sia, although with sia, i experienced emergency landing on two seperate occasion and realise how totally useless it is to hear all these precaution messages before taking off.

during any emergency, everyone panics and no one follows any rules - it's really up to the steward/ess to take the lead and give direction, and it can be total madness.

also, business class and first class always experience the worse condition during any emergency landing.

but yes ... back to topic icon_smile_big.gif i'd vote only cathay and singapore airlines for best airlines and best business class service. (although i much prefer cathay pacific's business lounges over that of sia worldwide).

baby, we're all beautiful!

--isla maia

Quote:

awesome, okay, I've got to get on SIA...

so, I have another question, what do you all do once on the plane? take an ambien and sleep the whole way, or watch movies and eat until feeling very uncomfortable.

--- Original message by Yellow Pikmin on Jun 23, 2004 09:13 AM

either i work, read, write - listening to the music selection they have on flight, or watch movies - unless i've seen them all - then i go back to writing. if i'm really tired, i pass out, but that's rare. you can only eat so much - they feed you in the business lounges, then they feed you again on the plane, and in the end, you feel like one of those goose getting stuffed for fois gras! what's really important is to be comfortable and not dehydrated - so a glass of wine is fine, and water, water, water.

i used to be okay on long-hauls but travelling monthly does wreck havoc on my body and it's not easy to get your metabolism back to normal. what one should grade in business class flights are really the -- loos. icon_smile_wink.gif

actually what i really find interesting on these super service planes are the overnight kits they give away, but after you've collected the same kind over and over again, they end up being nice giveaways if you don't end up using the stuff yourself.

baby, we're all beautiful!

--isla maia

if you're taking long-haul flights, first thing to do is check the movie listing.....it's video on demand so you don't need to worry about missing the beginning...you start the movie when you want to watch it....but if they happen to have movies just released in the US and which will be released much ater in Japan (as usual), then it's worth watching it......unless you need your big-ass screen to watch Matrix No 17....anyway, it's perfect for watching those b-class flicks you refused to fork 1,800 JPY for (movies a luxury in Japan !) but didn't have the time to catch the DVD at Tsutaya or Blockbusters.....

then of course, they feed you like you're training for a gastronomy competition upon your arrival...you have to be able to say no and keep your stomach for the best...don't splurge on garlic bread, keep it for desert......wine list usually top notch so just drink your soul....i mean, it's the best sleeping pill....

business class seats usually always have these wide storage compartments.....very useful but risky...you always end up forgetting sumthin in there.....i lost 2 CD players like that....

.....oh yes, i forgot, flight attendants in business class are much more relaxed than in economy so you can chat with them easily......customers in first class are too old anyway....

For transatlantic, I'm back with BA since they revamped club world with the flat beds. Lufthansa with their kinky leather seats in Senator Klass or Air France just doesn't do it for me. Delta in this case is by far the worst: It's also the only airline I've filed a complaint against.

Amongst the inter-European flights, their business classes are all bad with the noteworthy mention of the particulary bad ones: SWISS, Austrian and SAS. There's a strange connection between cold-war neutral countries and skanky business classes on their national airlines.

A funny note on SIA -- they're the only airline (I'm aware of) who apply appearance and age discrimination as an open policy. I know one of their ad agencies were summoned by HQ because they chose a girl for their ads which in their opinion looked too Chinese.

Now to a question for debate: ANA or JAL? Discuss.

Well, I recently flew "club ANA" and that's why I wanted to ask about other airlines. I thought ANA was great, and I have not flown JAL since I was a child. Back then, JAL seemed like it was ace, now, I'm not so sure.

btw, those of you who have flown First Class (on any airline), what's the difference between First and Business (besides the cost)??

On JAL -- Have you noticed that everyone, regardless of nationality, diss their own national flight carrier? I used to be a resident & japanese citizen (in another time and another galaxy) and my parents avoided JAL at all costs -- This was when ANA was still taking it to court to break the JAL monopoly on international flights and american labour unions pressured IATA and US authorities to refuse high service carriers such as Cathay landing rights and slots for US airports... everyone have a love/hate relationship to their national carrier.

As for first vs business class: On BA, the Club World (Business) seats are paired in opposite directions, ie you rub your elbows against some sad Sales Rep for L'Oreal heading for some trade fair (not really, you can feel the presence of the sales rep on the other side of the screen) while in First Class the seats are spaced as singles with a visitor seat for your mistress on all seats. This is pretty much the same on SWISS, LH, AirFrance and others still flying with a first class.

Oh, and don't forget the fast track security line (on LHR it really counts). BA also have their own lounge for first class with free facial treatments and massages...

actually SIA girls are real flight attendants, not models....they are selected by ad dept and it's in their contract to accept to pose as model..they don't even get extra pay for that....and they have to work on flights to location of photo shoot.....

i just flew JAL on biz and got lucky enough to get the seats on way back from bangkok. (i got old planes on way to Bangkok)...seats have a back massage system, pretty cool.....in-flight video system is on-demand with pretty decent selection.....nothing exceptional compared to SIA or CX but JAl needed some real update...food however was great.....better than SIA i think...hot bread, soft butter and breakfast eggs were better than usual....