Travel around in USA

KriBern

As Red says, America is huge. Worse still, there are parts that are not very densely populated, so you can spend hours in a car getting from point A to point B with not a whole helluva lot to do in between. Depending on how long you're in the States for and where you're flying out of is really what we need to know.

Being in the South in August will teach you one thing about America - it's not the heat, it's the humidity! :)

If I were you and had, say a month or so, I'd work my way up the coast through Atlanta, Washington, NYC and Boston. You'd get a pretty broad sample of America without leaving the time zone. You can bus and train the whole way up, so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Do the left coast on another trip.

Good point! :)

Beside being the biggest city between Miami and Washington, I have no idea. I acually work for a company based there, but haven't yet been forced to visit. I guess I'd skip Atlanta too, but it's not my trip.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks for all the help, crushed my dreams about this year but maybe the next :)

realized i need to save money for some time to afford all the planetickets and greenfrees (want to play golf in Florida) not only to mention the hotels they will surly addup alot.

Flying in the US was alot more expensive then i ever thought of. And i cant go home without checking out the streets of Las Vegas :)

Sorry i cant tell the difference...