MUST HIT PLACES IN SAN FRANCISCO

herpsky

Im going to san francisco for the first time from Aug 21st - 25th

i dont really know anyone / have friends who live in SF so

Ill pretty much be hanging out by myself...

I'll be staying around union square (awww)

Id like some advice on

where to eat, shop, and etc

interested in picking up sneakers, clothes, and etc

yeah

i will be spending one day running some errand-type things

but the rest of the time im in SF = free time

avoid the tourist traps like fisherman's warf like the plauge and focus on the areas that are in the super future maps:

hayes valley

lower and upper haight

union square (since you're there)

fillmore

good thing is that a lot of these spots are clustered together.

are there any other sneaker boutique type places in SF besides huf?

another question: what do they sell besides sneakers? i heard they carry some supreme gear... they dont have stuff from undftd, right?

if you're looking for sneaks:

upper haight has:

shoebiz

true sole

FTC

stussy SF (carries nike sb's)

northbeach has:

nortSF

silverstar

union square has first step.

and the sutter street location of huf has a clothing store with huf brand clothing, supreme, stussy, and other random t-shirt brands.

Daryl hit it pretty hard. You may want to hit Market for some ghetto style new era joints. Don't forget Harputs. True, Stussy, Reacon, UpperPlayground, and Future Primative (Montana dealer) for clothing and Giant Robot for books. Double Punch and Kid Robot for toys. Amoeba for tunes. Eating - Japan town, Il Pollaio on Columbus, Powell in Filmore (Soul food and you might run into Willy Brown (old mayor), Slated Door (Expensive but worth it - eat at the bar and have a sick view of the Bay Bridge). Nights - Many heads hangout at Milk but ask the heads at True as to what's going on the night you are in town.

Don't let Mama slap you.

www.mamaclothing.com

• 4 weeks later...

I was there a few weeks ago and went to the places mentioned especially the sneaker spots. Theres a lot of good places on Haight like the ones listed and Villains was a cool shop too. I also came across Blue Jean Bar on Union St. and that place was well basically a place to buy jeans. Great selection.

Had some damn good DimSum at Harbor Village and for Italian went to Ristorante Franchino in North Beach. Going there was was an experience. You step in and its like your going into an Italian home. Franchino and his wife greet you in Italian, amazing food, and the guy there is singing, flirting with the women, pouring wine non stop. Good time.

Ya I went to Stussy, Recon, Huf...etc all cool places. Good sneakerspots in SF. Other cool places I saw were Villains on Haight with lots of cool clothes and Blue Jean Bar on Union St. for well...ya denim.

As for food....Harbor Village had some damn good Dim Sum. ALso went to North Beach for some Italian and walked into Ristorante Franchino. That place had great pasta and tiramisu. Great food and awesome atmosphere. Franchino himself comes out and pours wine non stop, flirts with the ladies, and sings like hes in his own home. His wife serves the food and the whole thing is like you're spending time in someones home in Italy.

Huf the only store for kicks? Naw Huf is probably the only place for Visvims but there are definitely tons of sneaker shops down along Haight/ Ashbury. Besides the Shoebiz's and True, there are a lot more stores down Haight toward Golden Gate park. I suggest you just go to where the guy above said and I would suggest you also visit those tourist locations aswell. Be sure to pick up "San Francisco Bay City Guide" whenever you see one because that thing tells you where everything is, how to get there, Muni (SF transport system) routes, hotels, good eats, etc.

Harbor Village is definitely an awesome place for dimsum but I prefer Yank Sing's. Also check out R & G's in southern Chinatown for some of the best Chinese food ever. There are a ton of different resturants in SF so I reccommend you use city guide:

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/

Great website for reviews of resturants and different places in SF.