7986 replies to this topic

#1 hamham3001

hamham3001

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:43 AM

time for a basketball thread...
I say dirk for MVP... Spurs w/ the championship tho... i cant see how ginobli, parker and duncan cant win dallas and phoenix..

#2 nettiemoore

nettiemoore

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:55 AM

im cheering for the raptors. nice seeing them do so well this year. getting colangelo as gm was genius. i hope they can do some damage in the playoffs.
[URL="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2344/2051112705_5348f585ca.jpg"][/URL]

#3 trees

trees

superbored

• Pip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:06 AM

yesssss. looks like its gonna be toronto vs jersey for the first round...damn i really wanted to get some tickets but slept and now the prices are ridiculous.

#4 nettiemoore

nettiemoore

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:08 AM

yesssss. looks like its gonna be toronto vs jersey for the first round...damn i really wanted to get some tickets but slept and now the prices are ridiculous.

yeah i think it would be great seeing the raptors beat carter and the nets. i think they can as well.
[URL="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2344/2051112705_5348f585ca.jpg"][/URL]

#5 sean_

sean_

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:15 AM

im cheering for the raptors. nice seeing them do so well this year. getting colangelo as gm was genius. i hope they can do some damage in the playoffs.

holla... im praying for second round, and that my friend hooks up a ticket. love the raps
ISO: SUPREME/BILL THOMAS & '11 paisley shorts

#6 hamham3001

hamham3001

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:20 AM

wat.. no raps vs. wiz.. that would have been a easy series.. Jkidd + carter is very dangerous.. it would be tough..

#7 Pogi

Pogi

superbored

• Pip
  • 851 posts
  • talents:Fashion, food, fantastic.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:22 AM

I say dirk for MVP... Spurs w/ the championship tho... i cant see how ginobli, parker and duncan cant win dallas and phoenix..

Don't forget ginobili, parker and duncan lost out last year, but this season they have a better team.

I'm hoping Phoenix to make it to the finals but I don't know yet, they're unpredictable at times.

But I would love to see the Spurs/Suns win it.

And Nash for 3rd straight MVP. :o
Fight the stereotype. Don't be an Idiot. :P

#8 ruzz

ruzz

bored

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:25 AM

good luck to the raptors, bout time their fans had something cheer about.

if this year's playoffs are anything compared to last year it's going to be great.

go suns

#9 Oldboy

Oldboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

Word, everyone is sleepin' on the Spurs. I believe they've had the best record since the All-Star break.

And what was up with Joey Crawford ejecting Tim Duncan the other day? LMAO, David Stern suspended Crawford for the rest of the season, including the playoffs.

#10 hamham3001

hamham3001

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:31 AM

i still dun see the suns going to the finals.. i dun know y.. they r an awesome team... but the greatness of the spurs.. TP vs. Nash, ginobli vs. Marion, Duncan vs. Amare, Bowen vs. Raja Bell..
and i think the suns have a tough playoff road.. they would probably face Lakers, who they need 7( or 6) games beat last year.. then they would face spurs and maves for semis and confrence finals..

#11 hamham3001

hamham3001

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:33 AM

Word, everyone is sleepin' on the Spurs. I believe they've had the best record since the All-Star break.

And what was up with Joey Crawford ejecting Tim Duncan the other day? LMAO, David Stern suspended Crawford for the rest of the season, including the playoffs.

LOL.. I NEED TO SEE NEW OF THAT..
I heard Crawford said that Duncan was complaining the whole game.. 1st T was for complaining too much.. 2nd one was for duncan laughing at a call... (not outloud tho).. It seems crawford has some beef w/ duncan..
edit: forgot the best part of it.. Crawford said to duncan.. "Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight me?"...

#12 trees

trees

superbored

• Pip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:37 AM

looks like crawford might be done for good.

From ESPN Insider

Crawford made it clear to NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson on Tuesday that he would eject Duncan again if the circumstances were the same.

Crawford likewise informed superiors (including NBA commissioner David Stern) and fellow referees via e-mail Tuesday that "if my employer does not think that was acceptable, I have a problem" reffing in the future. Crawford has maintained from the start that Duncan deserved two technicals for what he deemed to be disrespecting the game by "laughing [at] and mocking the officials."

Crawford, meanwhile, seemed to be saying goodbye in his message to bosses and colleagues, writing: "Please do not be sad for me [as] I have had a great run and a great career and NOBODY will ever take that from me."

He also likened his situation to longtime ref Jake O'Donnell, who was barred by the league from working the 1995 NBA Finals after refusing to shake hands with Houston's Clyde Drexler before a '95 playoff game and later ejecting Drexler. O'Donnell never refereed in the league again.

#13 hamham3001

hamham3001

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:58 AM

Bulls i think has a good chance to get to confrence finals... Gorden + Deng + Hinrch + Big Ben..

#14 Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:49 AM

The raptors have as good a chance as any team, but if I were to rank the east it would be: 1) Detroit 2) Chicago 3) Raptors 4) Cavs

I think the Suns are taking it this year.

#15 Larry Bird

Larry Bird

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

I am rooting for the Rockets, Suns, and the Bulls. I find the Mavs really boring, but they look like the team most likely to win it all this season... meh

shit, im pushing for the rockets and bulls...but, yes, it is the mavs year...the heat shouldnt have won last year, mavs choked fucked huge. mark cubin can eat shit, needs to take some handlebars before the games, dude gets obnoxiuos.
"and the longest train that ever runs
runs from bellevue to lexington"

#16 Larry Bird

Larry Bird

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

looks like crawford might be done for good.

he just got suspended up until the finals this year..tim duncan got nabbed for $25,000.

kobe should win mvp...if he wasnt on the lakers, they wouldnt be in the playoffs...no doubt.

#17 designersheep

designersheep

superbored

• Pip
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:19 PM

LarryBird haha we seem to have similar taste when it comes to basketball. I am a big Bird fan as well... although I've only watched him through NBA classics. Wish I could have watched Bird-Magic rivalry during their primes. LeBron, to me, is just boring; and only player I've truly liked recently was Andrei Kirilenko but he totally disappeared this season :(
meow

#18 DaBestSpoona

DaBestSpoona

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • style:cosplay
  • talents:Fingerbang on first dates

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:26 PM

And to think Dolan passed on firing Isiah Thomas and hiring Coangelo on Stern's recommendation.

#19 ryanwiggum

ryanwiggum

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

Rooting for Detroit. Im not a Piston fan, but I'd like to see Webber get a ring

#20 hilite

hilite

semibored

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

suns!

suns!

suns!

#21 Pogi

Pogi

superbored

• Pip
  • 851 posts
  • talents:Fashion, food, fantastic.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:02 PM

shit, im pushing for the rockets and bulls...but, yes, it is the mavs year...the heat shouldnt have won last year, mavs choked fucked huge. mark cubin can eat shit, needs to take some handlebars before the games, dude gets obnoxiuos.

Mavs were lucky to win against Spurs last year. Very freakin' lucky.

And yes Mark Cuban is an annoying dude.
Fight the stereotype. Don't be an Idiot. :P

#22 panikEpenguin

panikEpenguin

superbored

• Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

golden state warriors are in the playoffs!

finally; i've been a fan since conception...or at least fetus.

#23 naturaljax

naturaljax

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,797 posts
  • biography:..........PEEP, SWEAT, COP..........

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:29 AM

Bay Area represent!

Well, at least in spirit, you can take me out of the Bay, but you can't take the Bay out of me.
or something along those lines.

#24 Larry Bird

Larry Bird

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

g s went 4-0 against the mavs in the regular season this year.. could the 8 beat the 1 like when the nuggets pulled that shit off against seattle? ( i got this image of dikemba mutombo crying, hugging the basketball, remember that?)
i dont think so, the mavs are too good..they gonna be on a whole different level come this weekend.

#25 DaBestSpoona

DaBestSpoona

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • style:cosplay
  • talents:Fingerbang on first dates

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:13 PM

gs vs mavs might be a knicks-heat upset all over again

#26 cuddlysheep

cuddlysheep

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

lets go warriors!

#27 cuddlysheep

cuddlysheep

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

well put..:D

Nellie knows Avery and the Mavs like the back of his hand....and he's gonna show them the back of his hand this series!!

#28 panikEpenguin

panikEpenguin

superbored

• Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

Nellie knows Avery and the Mavs like the back of his hand....and he's gonna show them the back of his hand this series!!

agreed to the nth degree. i think the warriors have bested the mavs the last 5 times or something. nellie's been the victor of two playoff upsets that escape me right now and he probably has the mavs down to a science. avery even played for him the previous time nellie was warriors head coach.

#29 cuddlysheep

cuddlysheep

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

sufu members mavs fans,sorry but your asses will get kicked by the warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 thehawk

thehawk

semibored

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

Warriors Are Unstoppable Baby!