2 replies to this topic

#1 superkhy

superkhy

bored

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • joined 08 may 06

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:24 AM

i'll be heading there soon, and there's this comic that's being released 'while' i'm there (Scott Pilgrim Vol 3), so i was wondering if anybody know of any good comic book shops in HK?

ones that sells english comics?

#2 Landy

Landy

superbored

• Pip
  • 594 posts
  • joined 03 april 06

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:18 AM

when i was younger, there used to be comicbook network in central but i think that place is looong gone. i don't know if there are places in HK where american comics come out there on the regular. i know in causeway bay, there's a street on the backside of windsor house, there's a nondescript mall that has a stairway going downstairs and there's a few stores there. but i don't think any of the stuff is current there. your best bet may actually be to call the comic book publisher and see if they have a distributor in HK.

#3 swyche

swyche

semibored

• Pip
  • 101 posts
  • joined 27 november 05

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:35 AM

there are a few shops in hong kong, as Landy said, in the 'nondescript mall' in causeway bay. I think its called Causeway Bay Plaza/Mall or something (be careful there though, both exist. i forgot the exact name but look for the one behind Windsor House). if you see a bunch of Malay type shots around there, ur close. there are 2 shops in that mall, one in the basement (down the stairwell that Landy described), one upstairs on the 2nd floor (go behind that set of stairs leading downards).

Theres also a shop or 2 in Mong Kok district's Sino Plaza. Good luck